• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Austin
    What is something you'd like to see added to TGT? More cowbell? Can't think of anything at the moment

What is the most used feature of TGT? (What do you use TGT for?) Exchange of ideas & information

What made you join TGT? It's specific to Texas, and I want the right to carry openly in Texas

What is one thing you'd change about TGT? Can't think of anything at the moment

What sort of local events would you like to engage in? Practical Rifle & Shotgun competition, Practical 3-gun competition

Would you be interested in a Texas wide event for charity? (Suggest a Charity?) A 2d Amendment defense fund for (otherwise law-abiding) Texans who are being prosecuted for violating unConstitutional gun laws, or a political action fund for challenging unConstitutional gun laws. I'd also like to see this weasel wording stricken from our state Constitution: "but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms, with a view to prevent crime." Gack.
    Hurley's Gold

grayhawkdr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    DFW
    What is something you'd like to see added to TGT? Perhaps a thread for knives. I thought guns and knives went together like smith and wesson....

What is the most used feature of TGT? (What do you use TGT for?) General Handguns and Shotguns

What made you join TGT? User friendly and doesn't overwhelm you with rules and regs.

What is one thing you'd change about TGT?

What sort of local events would you like to engage in?

Would you be interested in a Texas wide event for charity?
    Yes. How about something to support LEO's.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Love the site join mostly for the classifieds and helpful info DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING.

Gob Bless and Merry Christmas

ambidextrous1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1900 members!

Congratularions, Alan! Here's a challenge for you: We'll all help, of course. Let's boost TGT membership to 5000 members in 2009!

No suggestions for improvement; everything seems to run smoothly, with minimal intervention from modrators :cool:.

I'd like to attend some of the get-togethers, but Dallas is about 600 miles from El Paso - and Houston? :eek: I hope you'll schedule some events farther West next year.

Merry Christmas & happy hloidays to all!

Rich

Peter M. Eick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Houston
    What is something you'd like to see added to TGT? A dealer and sales section where we can talk about the good dealers and smiths in the state.

What is the most used feature of TGT? (What do you use TGT for?) Keep up to date on state wide things and what is happening around the area.

What made you join TGT? I was invited as I remember it.

What is one thing you'd change about TGT? Nothing

What sort of local events would you like to engage in? Social shooting events or just meeting other Texas shooters.

Would you be interested in a Texas wide event for charity? (Suggest a Charity?) no, I keep my charity work focused on a few organizations that impacted my life years ago.

Thanks,
    Alan

Thanks for running the nice site.

dieselmech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    dfw
    happy and merry to all.
    What do you use TGT for?) genral reading
    What sort of local events would you like to engage in? day at the range
    Would you be interested in a Texas wide event for charity? SPCA of Texas.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Whitesboro, TX
    What is something you'd like to see added to TGT? If there's enough interest, maybe some sections for specific weapons.

What is the most used feature of TGT? (What do you use TGT for?) Techical info and buying/selling guns and access,.

What made you join TGT? A TGT member mentioned the forum on another forum I frequent.

What is one thing you'd change about TGT? Not so much a "change". I'd like to see more subject experts. I expect that will come along as membership increases.

Would you be interested in a Texas wide event for charity? I can't remember the name right now (getting old) but there is a Texas foundation that makes it possible for wounded (recovering) military personnel to hunt various game. The are set up to accommadate people with special needs such as paralysis, prosthetic limbs, etc.

TXPaul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Pearland
    Merry Christmas to everyone.

I just recently found this forum and have not been able to spend much time here yet but here goes.

What is the most used feature of TGT? (What do you use TGT for?) Reloading, Gunsmithing, CHL

What made you join TGT? I'm a Texan who enjoys guns

What is one thing you'd change about TGT? I have not been here long enough to say

What sort of local events would you like to engage in? Local shooting events so we could meet other members and try out other firearms

Would you be interested in a Texas wide event for charity? Kidney Foundation and American Cancer Society

Thanks for the good work and keep it up.

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Merry Christmas to you and yours, Alan.

Thank you for this wonderful forum.

Overall, this is an excellent forum. I really appreciate the stolen gun section, it will be a very important tool for me and crime victims. With your permission I would like to expand and start isting my crime victims firearms as well.

I joined because I believe this forum will provide good information regarding the state activities.

Just keep on doing what you are doing well.

Thanks again for a well run board.

Infamous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    North Dallas
    merry christmas!

What is the most used feature of TGT? (What do you use TGT for?)
    checking up on local news, events, and legislative changes. and the classifieds

What made you join TGT?
    i wanted a local firearms board to address the specific needs of firearm owners in texas, versus national boards where owners do not understand our local legislation & practices. i moved back here from california and calguns.net is an excellent site and i sought to find a replacement in a texan context

localized subforums for each part of our ginormous state (like the dfw/houston/amarillo etc subcategories on texas guntrader)

shooting events, food related get togethers

that sounds cool

Robsonwin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the welcome.

Just joined today, Christmas Day. Great to be here. Appears to be a well-organized site. I joined to meet new people, gun & hobby talk, obtain new ideas, & communicate with fellow Texans and meet people from other states. Even a Cowgirl or two. .

Lomotil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    The Alamo City
    What is something you'd like to see added to TGT? - I haven't been around long enough to even explore what all is here, much less call for any additions!

I found the site because I was searching for gun show information. When I discovered an interactive forum that had such a comprehensive forum list, and a large user base, I knew I was home.

What made you join TGT? -
    I'm a new member, wanted to have an online forum to talk with other gun owners/collectors, and maybe even find something listed on here to purchase.

- I'm still wet behind the ears on here, so I can't bitch about anything yet... Well, I can (and am known for) bitching about a great many things, but it wouldn't be related to the forum. ;)

- Are public executions still offered alongside lethal injections/etc? See, I'm single, and what better way to meet a potential mate? We could bicker until we're old, sitting in matching recliners, and still never know for sure which one had a blank in the chamber.

***Not really - I do think it would be fun to meet online acquaintances at a shooting range, or a gun show, etc. Like I said, I'm still new to the forums, and probably only have a good two or three years into the hobby - it's always nice to learn and share information/stories/etc.

- Yes, but - only a charity that does not directly handle currency. Any time you add money to any equation, there will be the potential for corruption.

For example: I would not donate $100 cash to a charity, but I would certainly participate in a program that would organize a hunting program, and ensure that the game would be processed and fed to the homeless.

BTW: Thanks to the webmasters, hosts, and moderators for providing such a great online venue. From what I've read so far, there's some great people posting, and I hope to spend a lot of time here. :)

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    What is something you'd like to see added to TGT?
    If I have missed it I am sorry and please disreguard this statement, but I would like to see a listing of all gunshows for at least a few months at a time. I know I can browse all their individual sites, but it would be so much easier to just go here and find it.

I enjoy brwsing all the threads. Information, opinions and actual facts are abundant and free for the browsing.

What made you join TGT?
    Well I am first and foremost a Texan, born & bred, and secondly a certified gun nut, and to have a place that my fellow Texans & gun nuts congregate, is like going to a family reunion. God Bless Texas!!

Nothing other than what I suggested adding above.

Some local informal, fun, competitions around the state. Kind of a meet/greet &/shoot day. I would really like to put some faces to the names.

Sure, there are so many charities for the children out there and I give to them all religously. My favorites are the Childrens Miracle Network, and St. Judes.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom