• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Well, it's time to eat everything in sight, give away gifts, and prepare ourselves for the next year. I'd like to wish all of you guys, and gals, a Merry Christmas and a Happy Hanukkah.

I appreciate everyone joining the forum, and making the forum what it is. We started off with just a small band of friends and grew to nearly 1900 members. I will be renewing my efforts to improve the site and offer even more in 2009. We will be focusing on expanding our Library with a number of articles on topics ranging from scope mounting and choice, a gun glossary, general marksmanship, and a myriad of other topics. If you'd like to be a part of this effort, feel free to send me a PM.

However, I cannot improve the site without your feedback and comments. If you'd like to help, please take the time to answer these questions:

What is something you'd like to see added to TGT?

What is the most used feature of TGT? (What do you use TGT for?)

What made you join TGT?

What is one thing you'd change about TGT?

What sort of local events would you like to engage in?

Would you be interested in a Texas wide event for charity?
    (Suggest a Charity?)

Thanks,
    Alan
    Lynx Defense

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    Merry Christmas Alan !!!

What is the most used feature of TGT? (What do you use TGT for?) Handgun and Rifle forums, and classifieds

What made you join TGT? A common interest with like-minded Texans.

What sort of local events would you like to engage in? Group range shoots

Would you be interested in a Texas wide event for charity? (Suggest a Charity?) Yes. Epilepsy Foundation of Texas (my wife has epilepsy) Home

jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    First of all Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy New Year to all of the fabulous TGT folks!

I was really glad to see that you intend to expand the library of helpful how to's. That is what hooked me on this forum. I linked to TGT from a post on HKPRO (yeah, I'm one of those HK nuts) and the how to's were really helpful.

Otherwise, just a great group of knowledgeable folks to help out with nearly any gun, technique, resource, or TX specific issue. I'm a newbie, so I do not have the depth of knowledge that many here do, but I have specific experiences and opinions and will share them in the hopes that it may help someone on the board.

CJS3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Katy
    Merry Christmas and happy New Year ya'll! Thank God for Texas!

Most used feature- Handgun and rifle forums and CHL issues.
    What made me join?-Native Texan. If it's about guns and Texas, I'm there!
    One thing I like to change- I'd like to post more pictures. My attachments file is full.
    Group Events- A day at the range would be nice. A pot luck get together at a state park might be a nice way to meet each other also. Especially for those of us spread far and wide.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to everybody.

Alan, you've done a bangup job on the site. It's been a real pleasure working with you.

I'd love to have a gtg in a centralized place so that we may all be able to sling lead together.

I hope 2009 will be a banter year for TGT!

dtalley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Lost in BCS
    What is something you'd like to see added to TGT? As said before, Pistol, Rifle, CHL

What is the most used feature of TGT? (What do you use TGT for?) I like to use the New Thread feature

What made you join TGT? Texas People

What is one thing you'd change about TGT? Great Forum

What sort of local events would you like to engage in? local shoots possibly

Would you be interested in a Texas wide event for charity? (Suggest a Charity?) Cancer

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! Cigars for everyone!

What is something you'd like to see added to TGT? Nothing jumps out at me off the top of my head.

I like the general discussions, news/political articles, though I take a walk through all the sections. Currently I am overseas w/o firearms where I cannot take advantage of the practical aspects of a gun forum. But that will change in a matter of months when I can actually sit with gun in hand. Then I will take active part in the gunsmithing, FS board, accessories, etc etcad

What made you join TGT?
    I saw the TGT post on TFL so I ventured over. I'm a Texan. I like guns. What better way to stay in touch :)

Oddly, for some reason, the drive by posting of the FS/WTB adds bother me. While I want the best selection off goods from as many sources as possible, it makes me feel like the TGT is "used". IIRC that post count needed for eligibility is 10. I'd like to see that upped so that the quality of forum participation is emphasized rather than '10 post count quality'. Oh, I definitely enjoy the non-gun related FS forum as well. I want to see what trucks, bikes and tools are around and need a new home.

Shoot nights...ladies nights...weekend training sessions or simple BBQs and shoots. It would even be sweet to have a big group hunt for bird and deer that lasts a few days, for a nice fall getaway.

A charity event would be great. Selecting one would be tough as there are a number of good causes that need support.

Alright yall, its Christmas Eve here and I've got a big shindig to get to. Everyone, have fun, but be safe. If you need a ride, call for a ride and stay off the road if you've had a few too many. Its much easier to get a ride to pick up your truck the next day than to pay for a mistake for the rest of a lifetime. Have fun but take care of your buddies and your selves.

carneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    What made you join TGT? Jim (zembonez) held a gun to my head...

Will still show threads you've viewed, after you've clicked the view new thread button.

Shooting/bbq's.

Yep. March of Dimes, Shriners are a good group.

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Thanks Alan. Happy Hanukkah to all of you. About 2200 years ago, a group of outnumbered guerrilla warriors triumphed over an evil invading heathen empire. Today we still enjoy this celebration of religious freedom.

Please accept my best wishes to all of you that you may enjoy the sweetness of the concept of this holiday.

Merry Christmas to all as well.

I joined TGT to chat with like minded Texas gun owners, perhaps meet some local gun nuts, for gun reviews, learn about where folks shoot and ammo info.

On another gun board where I used to post, I organized a couple of shoots. I'm a volunteer tour guide at Holocaust Museum Houston and I often blow off steam after a tour by going to the range and then for margarita therapy. I scheduled a private museum tour for forum members and we took a large variety of toys to the range afterward. The tour got very positive reviews and we had a real blast at the range. If there is interest, I'd be pleased to organize this same event for this board. (Several members here have been on my museum tour.)

I also organized a successful charity fund raiser through another gun forum. It started as a karma where I was going to make a donation in honor of the karma winner to the charity of their choice. To enter the karma, all they had to do was post the name of their favorite charity and why they supported that particular charity. Another member offered to match my donation. It wasn't my intention at the start, but about 60 members offered donations and we raised about $3000 for charity, I split it up among three or four winners. This simple karma ended up taking up some dozens of hours of my time managing everything, but it was a terrific project and some very deserving charities received significant donations.

I'd hoped to use the accidental fundraiser to generate some publicity for the gun board and gun owners in general, but that forum's administrator was non-responsive to my overtures, so I couldn't use his forum name to generate positive publicity for gun owners. Again, I'd be pleased to offer something similar here.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas

What is the most used feature of TGT? (What do you use TGT for?)Information and help regarding firearms from those who know a lot more than I do about them.

What made you join TGT? Been here since the beginning... I'm Alan's dad.

What sort of local events would you like to engage in? Local shoots and BBQ gatherings would be worthy events. I think the site would benefit greatly if more of us got to know each other.

Would you be interested in a Texas wide event for charity?(Suggest a Charity?)Madhouse made a good point. I think something that helps a cause related to a member here or family member would be of interest to most of us. Several charities could be included and collected funds divided among them. To do so, you would need to open a bank account, elect or appoint a treasurer, and file for a non profit. Pretty easy to do.

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Happy Holidays everyone!

Jim made me join this great site.

I think you have a great site Alan and it's only going to get tweaked and altered with time. You have all the basics for a great site covered.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

What is the most used feature of TGT? (What do you use TGT for?) To help out others and learn new stuff.

What made you join TGT? the people

What is one thing you'd change about TGT? Ability to add more pics

What sort of local events would you like to engage in? I liked the GTG @ Shiloh's.

Would you be interested in a Texas wide event for charity? Sure.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    You know we at Shiloh love hosting events that gives everyone a chance to meet up at one location and shoot some stuff up. That is something id like to see in 2009; more TGT events.

I know Jeff has been in the works with TGT planning a HUGE event at shiloh sometime in early 2009. And im extremely excited about it.

Something i would like to see is different locations host events for TGT, and have it strictly TGT only. I know one problem we had at the last event at shiloh was that there was a lot of walk in traffic and that caused for a few people to have to wait to shoot and what not. Eventually i would like to have an event where it would be restricted to TGT members only.

i would also like some TGT members to take more courses that come through Texas. I know for a fact in 2009 i want to take a brian hoffner pistol course, tactical response is going to be in tx in feb, and then of course farnam will be back in victoria in march. Lets get the TGT shooters go to some of these courses, the last time farnam was in victoria, there were 9 shooters from Shiloh, so, yea.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    What is something you'd like to see added to TGT? Nothing in particular, it keeps getting better.

What is the most used feature of TGT? (What do you use TGT for?) New Posts, scanning through to see what's going on, check classiifeds.

What made you join TGT? It's a Texas Gun Site...

What is one thing you'd change about TGT? Nothing that stands out.

What sort of local events would you like to engage in? GTG, TGT group participation in training/courses.

Would you be interested in a Texas wide event for charity? (Suggest a Charity?) Yes, although, I believe charity is best given and delivered at a local level, by locals. That aside, becasue of their low expense/admin ratio, I'm a regular for the Salvation Army/CCA & North Texas Food Bank.

picketeer

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    NorthCentralTexas
    CHLSanta.gif

Rottweiler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Hill Country
    What is something you'd like to see added to TGT? more members!

What is the most used feature of TGT
    Rifles section

What made you join TGT? saw a link on THR or TFL and being a Texan, I had to join

(Suggest a Charity?)A vintage military rifle match... benefitting M1's for vets. heck,I'd even help with the organizing of it

Top Bottom