• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    guess I should have complained academy doesn't give discounts to tgt members
    Seriously? You have nothing better to complain and whine about than not getting a discount?

I'm pretty sure there are children that are going to go to bed hungry tonight. I'm sure they would love to have a decent meal to eat.

I'm pretty sure that there are people with cancer, that would love to be cured.

I'm pretty sure there are people who have lost their jobs, that would love to have one again.

And apparently, you seem to have a little extra cash in your pocket to afford to buy something you wanted from Academy. Count your blessings and stop complaining and whining. You're starting to sound like a spoiled child that didn't get what they wanted.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I kinda left Academy out of my tirade. I don't think much of them but they are not dicks. They sell guns and ammo.
    They have the right to give breaks to whomever they like.
    Don't know or really care if they give one to retired LE. I refuse to carry a "hasbeen" card anyway.
    And the old guy menu at restaurants is just a renamed 'kids' menu. I like more than one egg on my grand slam.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Meh, what kind of savings are we talking about? Tens of dollars or tens of cents? Personally I wouldn’t stress too much about a discount that I might be entitled to. I just don’t always see they are that great. Take the sales tax holiday for example... what is it, about $7 saved for every $100 spent? Not worth the hassle and crowds in my book.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    You could always get their credit card and get 5% off of everything including guns/ammo

But I'm sure a smart guy like you already knew that.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I kinda left Academy out of my tirade. I don't think much of them but they are not dicks. They sell guns and ammo.
    They have the right to give breaks to whomever they like.
    Don't know or really care if they give one to retired LE. I refuse to carry a "hasbeen" card anyway.
    And the old guy menu at restaurants is just a renamed 'kids' menu. I like more than one egg on my grand slam.
    You dont need a has been card. It's written all over that crotchety scowl you wear with such gruff pride.

Sorry I tried to pass it up but....its a personal flaw.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Who in their right mind would want to teach? While single I went out with 2 different teachers. Neither one was worthy of a one night stand. I think teachers tend to bitch more about their chosen career paths then others.

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    To the OP, it is what it is dawg. Their business their discount to giveth or taketh away. Move on, shop somewhere else.

Now then... Some of y'all are awful hard public school teachers. Some of y'all either A: have no idea how the public school system works or B: are just being an ****.

I worked in maintenance at the local ISD (small town Texas, not inner city) in between oilfield layoffs. Coming from a career in the private sector where performance and results (profits) are everything, the public school system is the most inefficient, backwards, blind, deaf, and dumb bureaucracy I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing. I mean I literally took $175k worth of brand new books off the delivery truck and moved them to an off campus storage where they will sit until they are disposed of. All because the school board "voted out of the curriculum". At this same time I'm being denied $6k to replace faulty exterior doors and locks at one of the campuses. Keeping our kids safe is a priority right?

There are some dim bulbs and no good libtard lemmings that need to be culled from the marquis.
    However, 95% of the teachers (ground level, in the classroom) are good enough folk who are just trying to make a living doing what they love whilst making their best attempt to shield our children from all the bullshit that has coming rolling down hill from Austin through the local admiration office/school board and right into their laps. All the while toeing the line between being able to provide for them & theirs and becoming a runtoff motherf*ck3r. I've seen scores of elementary age kids that only eat 2 meals a day, the free breakfast and lunch they get in the cafeteria. And even though they have good grades, these same kids come to summer school for that very reason. The sorry low-down teachers risk getting fired by sliding these kids any and all leftover/extra sandwiches, fruit, chips and crackers so the kid has something to eat that evening. Most of these kids are the best behaved in of them all.

Don't like what's happening in the schools, change it at the polls (local and state). If you're really feeling froggy run for a position on your local school board. OR change careers, get in the classroom and fight on the front lines.

Then again you could just be a.....
    1627967991821.png

Disclaimer: I don't know the OP, he could very well be a ^^^^; Killary, Bernie & Beto stickers on his (oh GAWD, I just assumed gender) Prius' back window and all.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The more I think about it who was that started rewarding mediocre work so no child was left behind? Gold stars for everyone! There are no winners or losers!

Sure seems to me that controlling a bunch of kids would be easier if only they were all equal! Let’s face it idiot parents who have no business even raising kids warehouse these cretins in public schools are! Convince me between the government mandates and those gobbling that shit up, wouldn’t think they are just as special!

Cranking out children really ain’t nothing more then the little head finding an equally willing receptacle. Pretty much even the dumbest creatures can reproduce. Then the little head figures out this is hard and moves on to the next open and willing vagina! Then old Uncle Sugar steps in and start rewarding dolts into having more.

So yes teachers doing the job of a smart herding dog are so special they deserve a pat on the head or belly rub and a bone!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Hold em up hell yeah you are important but do not for one minute or reason think you more important than the rest of us. I was reading when I was 3 thanks to my parents and grandparents.
    I was working on cars at 10 driving tractors at 8. I learned not to pee on a electric fence at 6 .
    You are important but parents are. More important so don't sit on your soap box and think you walk the water.
    I trust you almost implicitly to educate my kids and grandchildren.
    But do you think that you are above cops plumbers electricians, groceries clerks? Well sir respected educators you are not.
    And us simple people of the land built this country.

So spare me the bullshit about you sit in the hallowed halls are not respected you sir got me bent.
    But do not for not one minute think I'm beneath you
    AMEN!! And halleluja!

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    no one deserves special treatment for doing a job.

You deserve special treatment for going above and beyond.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So should Academy end discounts for Military and first responders so that any bad apples in those groups aren't rewarded either?

YES

and it has nothing to do with bad apples.

Last edited:

mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    The more I think about it who was that started rewarding mediocre work so no child was left behind? Gold stars for everyone! There are no winners or losers!

Sure seems to me that controlling a bunch of kids would be easier if only they were all equal! Let’s face it idiot parents who have no business even raising kids warehouse these cretins in public schools are! Convince me between the government mandates and those gobbling that shit up, wouldn’t think they are just as special!

Cranking out children really ain’t nothing more then the little head finding an equally willing receptacle. Pretty much even the dumbest creatures can reproduce. Then the little head figures out this is hard and moves on to the next open and willing vagina! Then old Uncle Sugar steps in and start rewarding dolts into having more.

So yes teachers doing the job of a smart herding dog are so special they deserve a pat on the head or belly rub and a bone!
    George W. Bush is to blame for no child left behind. He signed that when he was in office.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Seriously? You have nothing better to complain and whine about than not getting a discount?

I'm pretty sure there are children that are going to go to bed hungry tonight. I'm sure they would love to have a decent meal to eat.

I'm pretty sure that there are people with cancer, that would love to be cured.

I'm pretty sure there are people who have lost their jobs, that would love to have one again.

.....and I'm sure they don't get discounts at Academy either.....

.....now, what's your point?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So should Academy end discounts for Military and first responders so that any bad apples in those groups aren't rewarded either?

Yes. When I think about places with targeted discounts, I’d rather them just lower prices across the board, except reality is the discount isn’t that big of a hit to the bottom line. Margins of the margins, so to speak, or the margin to discount is baked into everyday pricing.

The discount isn’t a reward, either. It’s a targeted marketing expense. Let’s entice the market known to be spending at certain times, which is why you see all those nom-teaching employee roles as eligibles. Drag them in since they’ll be spending, too.

Top Bottom