• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Turkey: I prefer to deep fry mine, usually injected with marinade but not always.

I do like em smoked and oven roasted also.

I had a bad experience with a smoker and a turkey that was for our company Christmas party, inside was still raw, thank God I fried one also.

Ham (oven or smoked), green bean casserole, mashed taters, gravy, rolls, cranberry sauce and a chocolate pecan pie
    Military Camp

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Ummm! I tell you what there aint no turkey that out does that ham on thanksgiving and Christmas. I like deep fried turkey the best smoked in second and oven roasted in third. and all that other stuff is good to. You didn't say nothing about the stuffing tho man you gotta have the stuffing.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Turkey done on the Weber grill with lump charcoal. And about 1 million side dishes. Followed by a nap.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I like em smoked quite a bit. But my Mom still does them in the oven with homemade stuffing right in the bird with pecans and onions, WOW!!!!!

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Deep fried pork loin, mashed taters, corn bread dressing, Jim Beam yams, fresh green beans with ham and pearl onions, yeast rolls and for desert Texas pecan pie, and a slice of Texas chocolate sheet cake with a scoop of vanilla blue bell on top!
    Then a 2 hour nap to rest cause I'm the guy that does all the dam cooking - LOL!!!!!
    On a side note my youngest daughter has already hit me up for xmass candy. She want 2lb of peanut brittle and 1lb of pecan brittle, 2lb fudge and 1 lb of divinity with chopped pecans.
    Last year I went through nearly 50lbs of sugar before xmass just in candy.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Sometimes we don't do the traditional T-Day dinner. Some years it's brisket, other times enchiladas or fajitas, last year we did a crawdad boil. We're getting together at my nephew's new place this year, so we'll see what he comes up with.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Sometimes we don't do the traditional T-Day dinner. Some years it's brisket, other times enchiladas or fajitas, last year we did a crawdad boil. We're getting together at my nephew's new place this year, so we'll see what he comes up with.

I can live with that. It's the spirit of the get-together that counts, not the specifics of a turkey, stuffing, whatever.... I'm damn sure the Pilgrims didn't have chocolate chip mint ice cream....

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Okay, how many do this?....

kytgiving.gif

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support