Venture Surplus ad

That’s some mighty fine police work there Lou.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    ...but slow in dropping their slides.
    Interesting you say that. It looked to me like they didn't lock back on empty. So the first shooter swapped mags then seemed surprised it didn't go pew.
    Are they Glocks? Don't have that advanced feature?
    Wonder how much training time with those pistols they had?

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    No verbal commands given before shots fired. That's the albatross around their necks....
    Are verbal command required?

I think they certainly over did with ho many rounds were fired, I'd like to hear how they attempt to justify that. Also they saw someone with a weapon, did they ever say they were actually threatened by it. I have never in all my life heard of so many folks being shot by police in their own homes, when victims were doing absolutely nothing wrong, as I have heard about happening in TX since I moved to the area in 2019. It boggles the mind (at least it does mine) - the executioner mindset that cops in TX seem to have and I say that after spending 32 years plus a bit in law enforcement. I have never seen as many reports of trigger happy cops in my life as I have seen about shootings in TX.

I think one of the reason for it is that the cops in TX do not seem to understand how to use cover or concealment. Watch the idiot walk in front of the window how many times. What that sadly possibly results in is the use of the gun as a magic shield, they just keep firing because they think the gun is somehow shielding them. When I was first trained and in all the years to follow, even when I was an instructor, the training included a bit about not thinking your gun was a shield and to use cover or at least concealment whenever possible and not to make yourself a target by doing what the officer did by walking across the landing in front of the window and making herself a possible target.

Of course, they could have been justified but it certainly is difficult to tell from that video; that video sucks as far as being able to make out what the resident is doing.

Last edited:

surevaliance

Make Glockarev happen!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    AZ
    Found on WA Guns

“Well, there goes that dry spell.

2 Texas deputies open fire on apartment resident, who comes to her door after they find her window broken out and knock. A window that she broke out because she locked her keys inside...

They not only dump their mags, but then RELOAD and dump the next mag, apparently at nothing...it's clear on the video they're just shooting to shoot, at that point.

Get these fucking idiots off the force, and in jail.

The only miracle here is that these fucksticks are so incompetent that after lobbing 40+ rounds through a window, and into other apartments, through walls, etc at a 'target' they couldn't see, the victim is alive and expected to recover.”

My opinion. Do take your chances approaching LEOs with a gun in your hand.

Last edited:

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at The Truth about Guns blog

A video released by the Harris County Sheriff’s Office in Texas of an officer involved shooting Feb. 3, should give every gun owner a little pause should they approach their front door or an open window while armed when things go bump in the night. It is more importantly a good warning to departments across the United States for training in the department of “don’t do this.”

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    There's a lot going on in that video. All I can say is that not everyone is switched on and takes time to process their options.

One option would have been to back down those stairs and work on establishing verbal comms from behind cover while you get a perimeter set up.

Time + distance = options
    Don't forget, these are chicks, probably DEI hires. Can't follow proper procedure, can't shoot worth a chit, can't use their brains in a critical situation.
    AND you throw math at them? What were you thinking? :D

surevaliance

Make Glockarev happen!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    AZ
    IMG_9426.jpeg

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    I’ve always been told I’m much more likely to be panic-shot by female officers/deputies than male ones. I’m not sure how true that really is, but videos like this sure make me wonder…

Top Bottom