• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    It's a beautiful Saturday morning here. Today is our city's annual Hazardous Waste recycling/turn in for that stuff you've gathered throughout the year but can't just toss it in the everyday trash. I loaded up about eight paint cans, a battery and a little camping propane tank and got in line at the city yard. Sitting there with the windows rolled down, sunglasses, Texas Rangers ball cap, as the guys were unloading the stuff from the back, I heard "That's a nice truck!" from across the way. I poke my head out the window and see two of the city guys in the next lane looking my way. Gave them a big grin and thumbs up, they beamed their big grins right back. That set this beautiful Saturday just right.

Boy I sure do love Texas :cool:
    Gun Zone Deals

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Nothing warms the soul better than a compliment about your truck.

I was going to breakfast, turned into the parking lot, and saw this guy across the street in his F250 looking at me. He drives across the street in his F250 into the parking lot, and speed up right behind my truck while I was standing outside of it. I was a bit nervous as to why he did that, and was expecting some sort of random confrontation, honestly, but he goes, "Your truck is really nice, I love that color, so I had to come over here and ask what color Ford calls that?"

AWWWWWWWWWW.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Back in 01 or 02 I was helping a buddy of mine pick up a bunch of furniture from Rooms to Go. 3 of us backed into the loading dock. He had a brand new Chevy 4X4 that was lifted, His sister had a decked out new Dodge dually and I had a reg cab 93 Chevy 350/5spd. The loading dock guys were sking me about my truck and ignored theirs. It's amazing what Flowmasters will do.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I never had a truck before a few years ago. Got an '88 Ranger with a v6 and a manual trans for free from my wife's cousin. (had to give baby-girl my car.) Then I bought an F150. I don't think I'd easily go back to cars. It is a bitch when your friends need to move, but a yard of compost for the garden wouldn't make it home in a car.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My wife drove a blue Chevy shortbed with 3 on the tree when we met.

It was love at first sight watching her jam those gears. hehe.

30 years last fall, and God only knows where that truck is. She wrecked it, and went straight to the mini-van.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

Thanks

Looks like mine only mine is Gray and an '08 and its a 1500. Yours an '06? where did you get your replacement bumper?

Yup, it's an '06. The bumper is a Frontier Gear. Got it from a guy on one of the truck forums who lived out in Weatherford. Take off from his truck he was trading in for a new truck. So got a great deal on it.

I never had a truck before a few years ago. Got an '88 Ranger with a v6 and a manual trans for free from my wife's cousin. (had to give baby-girl my car.) Then I bought an F150. I don't think I'd easily go back to cars. It is a bitch when your friends need to move, but a yard of compost for the garden wouldn't make it home in a car.

I won't ever go to a car. Taught to drive on trucks and all I've ever had.

My wife drove a blue Chevy shortbed with 3 on the tree when we met.

It was love at first sight watching her jam those gears. hehe.

30 years last fall, and God only knows where that truck is. She wrecked it, and went straight to the mini-van.

A friend of mine from h.s. drove her daddy's old blue chevy, three on the tree. She was terrible at it and smoked out the clutch one afternoon leaving the inclined driveway out the school parking lot. She was pretty emotional, and we laughed.

lol My husband (then dating) asked me to choose my truck or him, no hesitation I chose my truck. And that was a fact without humor. He didn't dare challenge that. I had this truck for year, went through everything. Even after we got married that truck stayed right up until I was forced to sell it for an overseas PCS. I cried. I love that truck. I think about it sometimes and wanna go find.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I had a guy actually push his woman's head back out of the way to check out my truck years ago.

Yes, I sport the minivan most of the time because my truck is too dang expensive to commute with. But when I need it, there is nothing better.

Top Bottom