• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SantiSM

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Spring
    Hey guys. I've done my best to skim through most of the 23 pages.. it's my understanding as with most that if the "shotgun" was manufactured with a stock, it is indeed a shotgun. Now my question, which I couldn't find, apologies if it had been addressed, is the legality of using a 18.5" barrel on a maverick 88 with the raptor handle. I've seen some discussion about cutting it down to 14" like the shockwaves, but what if you dont touch the barrel at all and run the 18.5 with the raptor?
    Hurley's Gold

SantiSM

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Spring
    I received an email back from Marty at Shockwave about the above and he stated to his knowledge as long as I don't try and shorten the barrel, its legal on the federal level.

TinCuda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2016
    Now that the Mossberg Shockwave has been out for a while and everyone is getting used to the idea.

Someone has got to be making a 26 inch, non-NFA, double barrel boom stick! Where can I get one?

road-warrior_1280x720.jpg

Mad_maxs_sawnoff_shotgun.jpg

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Now that the Mossberg Shockwave has been out for a while and everyone is getting used to the idea.

Someone has got to be making a 26 inch, non-NFA, double barrel boom stick! Where can I get one?

., View attachment 132242
    View attachment 132243

tincuda,

Personally, I'd happily settle for an AOW with 10" barrels in DB 20-gauge magnum, IF I could find such an AOW at less than "scalper's prices".
    (The lowest price that I've found is >1,000.oo.)

yours, satx

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Just pay the atf 200 bucks and cut down a cheap double barrel it will be way cheaper than purchasing any kind of premade gun that skirts the law and you can go as short as you want.

TinCuda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2016
    Just pay the atf 200 bucks and cut down a cheap double barrel it will be way cheaper than purchasing any kind of premade gun that skirts the law and you can go as short as you want.
    maxresdefault (6).jpg

Just a note. A short barrel shotgun that I did not manufacture and does not have a butt stock is considered an AOW (All Other Weapons) and is a $5 tax. Not $200.

Either way, you are clearly missing the point.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    View attachment 132285

Just a note. A short barrel shotgun that I did not manufacture and does not have a butt stock is considered an AOW (All Other Weapons) and is a $5 tax. Not $200.

tincuda,

SORRY. WRONG ANSWER. = Only a MANUFACTURER, who is licensed by the BATFE, may make an AOL.

IF I, as an individual wish to cut-down a firearm with a shotgun barrel less than 18" in length and/or less than 26" overall, I must fill our complicated paperwork, pay 200.oo & WAIT & WAIT & WAIT for permission from BATFE to "make a shot barreled shotgun", which requires buying another 200.oo tax stamp & a LONG wait every time it changes hands.

IF that was NOT so, I would have already made a "cut-down", as I know where a BRAND NEW & uncompleted American-made FOX 20-gauge receiver & a set of used barrels is for sale & at a decent price.

yours, satx

Last edited:

TinCuda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2016
    tincuda,

SORRY. WRONG ANSWER. = Only a MANUFACTURER, who is licensed by the BATFE, may make an AOL.

IF I, as an individual wish to cut-down a firearm with a shotgun barrel less than 18" in length and/or less than 26" overall, I must fill our complicated paperwork, pay 200.oo & WAIT & WAIT & WAIT for permission from BATFE to "make a shot barreled shotgun", which requires buying another 200.oo tax stamp & a LONG wait every time it changes hands.

IF that was NOT so, I would have already made a "cut-down", as I know where a BRAND NEW & uncompleted American-made FOX 20-gauge receiver & a set of used barrels is for sale & at a decent price.

yours, satx

Whatever, You clearly did not read my post close enough and...

you seem to be missing the point also.

LOL

Last edited:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    it may have a $5 buck stamp but if you think you are not paying well over 200 to have serbu cut it down ah never mind I missed the point anyways

View attachment 132285

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Ok....

I know the rules about shortening rifles and shotguns. But, is there any specific regulation or ruling about shortening the barrel of a firearm with a receiver that is specifically registered as a "firearm" by the BATFE?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom