• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I post and talk about the 3rd rail of the world of anti/pro guns supporters. The 3 rail are those folks who do not own guns, never have and mostly never will and in my opinion they are the key to our (as pro-gun) survival. Without them we lose our rights.

Gun ownership in the US per household runs between 37% and 45%, less than half and if you look at it from a total population view then gun ownership is more like 35% of the population.

How many anti-gun folks there are is harder to arrive at. BUT they are well funded and organized and have lots of far left support that makes the news almost every day.

Then there is the 3rd rail. These folks do not own guns, but they are not anti-gun. Their take is different. They believe in law of the land, the Constitution and most of all they harbor a distrust of a govt that owns guns and its citizens do not.

At the same time the 3rd rail is being assaulted by the left with fake news and arguments that IF you only ban one single rifle, the "Assault Rifle" gun deaths and especially those on school grounds will come to a halt as if by magic overnight. Of course, we and our 3rd rail supporters do not believe, but many people do. Let’s just suppose the left is successful in removing the bad Assault Rifle, completely, not one to be found in America except of course the Govt and law enforcement. Will gun deaths and school shootings* stop? No! However, the result will be the left will go after another gun, maybe 12 ga shotguns and we enter a wash-dry repeat cycle killing guns one gun at a time.

Here is an article penned by one of those 3rd Rail folks that I suggest all read and give it 2 min of your time. You will understand why we need their support.

Yes, They Are Coming for Your Guns
    brucebialosky.jpg
    Bruce Bialosky

|
    Posted: Apr 01, 2018 12:01 AM

"The anti-gun movement has held out the falsehood that they are not coming after people’s guns as a central core of their effort to hide their existential goal. The lid was blown off that charade when a 97-year-old man who previously occupied a position at the top level of our country (retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens) advocated for the abolition of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution in the paper of record – The New York Times.

Before anyone jumps off a cliff about this proposition, let me state who I am on this issue. I am not a gun owner. I am not a member of the National Rifle Association nor any other group that supports gun rights. I was fairly ignorant about essential elements of guns and gun owners until I did a series of columns on the subject and became knowledgeable about the subject of guns through extensive research and interviews."

https://townhall.com/columnists/bru...tm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=

* School shootings: Why do we have school shootings? IMO it’s a direct result of Gun Free Zones. There are only 2 people in a GFZ that can carry a gun, bad guys with guns and good guys with guns. But when GFZ were created they also denied the right of good guys with guns to have them. This left only one group of people who could carry a gun in a GFZ...bad guys with guns.

If you distill this down to the very root cause, then the answer is clear, GOVERNMENT created a DMZ which has resulted in blood on the hands of School Administrators, City, County, State and Federal Governments, blame them and hold them accountable. Time to stop blaming the gun or the bad guy with a gun they have welcomed to school campuses across America.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    FXsns0I.jpg

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    We do need to get these people on our side to support our views. It's a battle that we have been losing since the 60's at least. A lot of the people from the 60's who didn't go to Vietnam are now in charge trying to bring about their visions of a different America a more perfect nation. They have brain washed our children and taken over our institutions. A nation and society is based off of the rule of law. Our laws and rules were based off of Judeo-Christian values. When you remove these values who can say what is right or wrong.

Unfortunately, it may be too late. We can win some but not all.

Not sure where you got your CIB from but my time over there has taught me that most people don't care one way or the other as long as it doesn't interfere with their little sphere or world.

When you have one party being able to rig a National Primary election, and then possibly try to rig the National Election it says that we are no longer the nation that we once were. The nation that you and I both fought for.

We have to ask is this not the very reason that our founding fathers gave us the Bill of Rights?

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    I didn’t own any guns until about 18 months ago.

I now own several including an AR and I have my LTC.

I work with several refugees from the Communist State of New Jersey. They have also obtained ARs and have their LTCs.

I also have friends who are refugees from The Peoples Republic of California. They have guns and Modern Sporting Rifles as well.

I think the Left’s ridiculous rhetoric is backfiring on them. More people are buying guns, especially the ones they want to ban.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    We do need to get these people on our side to support our views. It's a battle that we have been losing since the 60's at least. A lot of the people from the 60's who didn't go to Vietnam are now in charge trying to bring about their visions of a different America a more perfect nation. They have brain washed our children and taken over our institutions. A nation and society is based off of the rule of law. Our laws and rules were based off of Judeo-Christian values. When you remove these values who can say what is right or wrong.

Unfortunately, it may be too late. We can win some but not all.

Not sure where you got your CIB from but my time over there has taught me that most people don't care one way or the other as long as it doesn't interfere with their little sphere or world.

When you have one party being able to rig a National Primary election, and then possibly try to rig the National Election it says that we are no longer the nation that we once were. The nation that you and I both fought for.

We have to ask is this not the very reason that our founding fathers gave us the Bill of Rights?
    My CIB came in '67-'68 playing in the Rice Bowl, Hanoi Tech Vs Saigion U. Like so many games we won almost every single down, we won on defense, offense and moving the ball to the goal posts. But in the end, our Coaches denied us the game win.

ALL total there are less than 5% of our total population that has ever served in the military and of that less than ½ of 1 % ever saw a day of combat.

That said the public now applauds us as heroes rather than the bad guys. Funny in that the reason why is the Far Left changed their (OUTWARD) stand on the military (trust me they still hate our guts and would not piss in our mouth if are guts were on fire). But the left learned with the huge debacle of the 60's when they put ALL their eggs in one basket and that was to protest the war and its draft. When the draft went away then they found themselves without a cause celeb and the movement appeared to die. Today they are hanging their hats on guns.

Like the reality of war is that only a small handful of people in the military ever step foot outside the wire, get shot at or shoot at. That is almost 100% the domain of our combat forces of Infantry, SOCOM and a few of the combat arms of Arty, Combat Engineers, Armor. The rest of the military is combat support or combat service support.

The knowledge gained from knowing and understand war is critical to a country and we are losing that.

This morning I was listening to Charlie Gaspirino on Fox Business. Smart guy, like him, but he said something that only comes form not knowing and understanding. He talked about Trump wanting to bring back more mfg job and especially steel. Said it was a waste of time more of less due to the automation of the steel industry and how few jobs it will in fact create.

Charlie that is TRUE, but your miss the point. Lets look at WWII and how we won. Given all the better tactics, weapons etc it boils down to some very simple but EXTREME critical items:

My (already in the Army) left the day after Pearl, and by luck he had his 1911 he had been issued many years earlier ('34). For a rifle, he was issued a mop, yes a MOP as the military did not have enough guns to go around and dad not being (anymore) Infantry he did not get a rifle. But it did not take long to fix that problem and he got his hands on a Thompson.

What enabled us to win was the ability to rise to the occasion of war and create and military industrial complex overnight...which is why when the NRA did a deal with the govt and we got the right to buy a M 1 Carbine and we went over to Red River Army Arsenal to get it. The guy said Col we got some nice ones here you want to take your pick? Dad said not I will take anything, so we got a M1 Carbine in the wrapper w/cosmo (NO one wanted those) and we got a Quaker Oats. IIRC we like to have never sold or traded it, finally got $25 bucks for it IIRC and we had paid $15.

Ability to create tools and weapons of war along with the ability to deliver then to the fighting soldiers hands at battle front in a timely manner, that is how we won the war and its how we have won every war.

In todays world if we cannot do that we lose on day one and maybe steel mills don't generate a lot of jobs but they need to on our soil and not the other side of the world where someone else can control the supply of materials.

Top Bottom