Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    AKs suck.

Especially the bubba AKs with all the tacticrap stuck on them.

DefendeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I've only seen two types of AR's chambered in 7.62x39. Those being carried around at gun shows with sellers swearing they run great and are desperate to sell and those that are constantly being tinkered with at the range because they have constant feeding issues. Coincidence ????? I think not.

I finally solved the problem.
    It was a combination of faulty barrel and loose gas block.
    Exchanged the barrel and correctly placed the gas block and bam!...the rifle cycles like a charm.No more issues.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Most 7.62x39 ammo is steel cased and a bit on the nasty side. Not the best for a DI rifle. 300BLK seems to run okay, but it's mostly cut down 5.56 ammo with some fast burning powder.

this would matter if the ar15 was actually DI.

the ar15 was designed around the .222, and it was then modified to fire the .223/5.56, and so, is already at its limits containing that cartridge.

removing a bunch of material from the bolt will obviously introduce problems.

by "ftf" do you mean "failure to fire" or "failure to feed"?

eta, good to hear you srted it out

navysooner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Ft. Worth
    Best way to fix an AR that shoots the AK round is to not build an AR that takes an AK round and just buy an AK. The magazine no mater how expensive are going to kill you every time. ITS NOT THE GUN ITS THE MAGS!!!

PBR

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Houston
    friend just shot his 7.62x39 ar from psa at the range today, we shot probably 300 rds though it with 3 different mags and not one single issue, worked perfect every time -- all wolf and tula ammo also which surprised me the 3 mags were c-products 30 rd mags from jse

Last edited:

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Only issue I had with mine was a couple of my mags had a tendency not to feed the last round or two. It was fun to play with for a few months after I built it but it got old quick and I sold the upper and only shoot x39 from my AK.

knc1105

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    I wish people that DO NOT know how to build a 7.62x39 AR would quit selling them. I have a bunch of AK's and SKS' that I really like, but I also have (8)- 7.62x39 AR rifles and (3)- 7.62x39 AR pistols and all of them run like RAPPED APES. And if you want to know why they are getting popular, match grade Boat-tail ammo with a lead core and a real copper jacket is $235 a 1,000 rounds. And all of mine are sub MOA. First see if you can find some new old stock C-Products mags never had a problem with them, if you use ASC never leave them with over 23 or 24 rounds in them for long. Spring will get weak, probably not a chrome silicone spring. You have to have a enhanced firing pin NOT a factory AR firing pin. The enhanced pin is .025" longer and hits the hard primers deeper and will usually fix FTF issues they are $12.50-19.99 depending on brand. If you still have an issue with FTF we always put in a Wolff extra power hammer spring and a Rock River two stage National Match trigger, the Varmit trigger when you can find them. With a milspec trigger the extra power hammer spring makes trigger pull too heavy but with the clean crisp Rock River life is good and the FTF's go away. The Holy Graille ammo is Golden Tiger 124gr. FMJ SG Ammo has it in stock most of the time and $22 shipping on a case. If you have FTE's clean real good, I have seen one that had a chamber that needed to be polished but that is the rare exception not the rule. Usually it is just filthy from garbage Wolf or Tula ammo, you will not have that with Golden Tiger. Silver Bear is clean and groups well but is a steel jacket copper washed and as much as we shoot it is hard on the barrel over time. The AR is just easier to put a magnified optic on, period. Most of my AK's and SKS' have either a Vortex SPARC or Bushnell TRS-25 on the "Best AK+SKS mount ever and under $20" works fantastic out to 300 yards but it's not magnified. If all that rant does not fix your problems PM me and I'll gladly help you.

Last edited:

Hogger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2017
    down south
    A few companies make 16" barrel with a mid gas system, they help extraction by allowing more time for the case to shrink back down in the chamber. AR Performance made them several years ago along with super duty bolts. 750XD for the 7.62x39 and Grendel on left, other 2 are 5.56 mil spec bolts.

Attachments

• IMG_0488.JPG
      IMG_0488.JPG
      211.1 KB · Views: 166
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2017
    Cypress
    I think the 7.62x39 AR is a really good idea, considering the cheap cost of ammo, the .30 caliber punch, and light recoil. There are other things like accuracy that are important to me, when I considered my first AR purchase. I think most of the issues that came about were directly related to the magazine, bcg, and for the most part, AR's that are being built by amateurs.

For all of you .300 blackout fans out there, after months of consideration on the matter I still decided to utilize 7.62x39 in my first AR due to three specific points.
    1. Low price
    2. 7.62x39 has just mildly faster velocity on the average spread of factory loads....( Not saying someone could not load a blackout to be hotter)
    3. Availability of the round in a shtf scenario. There's just going to be more 5.56 and 7.62x39 ammo then .300 blackout.

Now when you put this together it appears by now in 2017 I think Rock River Arms and the CMMG mutant have got the right combination.
    They are built to accept AK Magazines, have a larger beefier BCG and I personally know my RRA LAR 47 X-1 to be accurate. I have not shot the mutant myself yet but have read some reviews.

20170911_221729.jpg

Top Bottom