Capitol Armory ad

The age old question...i can almost hear the groaning...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    1634864035343.png

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Gone with all sorts of stuff over the years, settled on plain old dino juice - usually 10W-30 or 10W-40 motor oil on the moving parts.

A benefit of grease - it lasts a long time, stays generally where you put it, and works pretty well. A downside of grease - it will collect any debris that gets into the action or rails and hold it like Gambler holds his Anime love pillow.

Motor oil is what we trust to lubricate our expensive hunks of metal, that operate at higher temperatures and at higher cyclic rates than most pistols or rifles out there.

Motor oil is also stupid cheap compared to gun oils. I can buy a quart of 10W-40 plain dino juice for a buck less than I can get a small bottle of RemOil or CLP. Even doing preventative maintenance and oiling my guns every week, it takes forever to run out of a quart of oil.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Light synthetic oil.
    In my experience works well with ALL firearms, even those that people say require grease.
    I live in El Paso, so a high-temperature lubricant that won't burn, attract that much sand or moisture is exactly what my firearms need.
    Oil.jpg

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    but some of the stuff you can buy has a nice (expensive) smell

I use the lubriplate aluminum base food grade "0" lube after reading a comparative many brands test article many years ago. A small can is a lifetime supply for me even after giving away half of it.
    I believe this is the base for several commercial brands after they add color and fragrance.

It used to come in half-a-beercan size

Last edited:
    Top Bottom