Gun Zone Deals

The ATF/FBI came to talk to me yesterday.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    It is just like when you ask a question to a city or county official about the bums, transients, criminals, drunks, dope fiends and so called, ahem, HOMELESS trespassers and squatters who seem to have more RIGHTS and FREEBIES than normal, sane, conservative or moderate HONEST hard working and retired Americans and LEGAL-HONEST immigrants in this day and age.
    You forget, the people listed above are all dedicated dim0crap supporting voters whether they know it or vote or not. Along with all of the dead people in the country.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I had to look up the term concerning the OP's issues with the object that he was questioned about from the alphabet agencies.

I heard about that term if my memory is correct on another forum. I did not understand what it was all about to be frank here.

Apparently those filters or catchers were used for silencers or hearing protection devices but I never heard about them being for 'machine guns' (Huh?!) or any other THING for a firearm.

Some man on another forum was talking about those things and another man was talking about the Official Form, Price or TAX to be paid and the LONG waiting list for such objects known as silencers.

Apparently in some states, people are buying silencers and there is a LONG waiting list for them to be 'officially approved'.

Plus the tax on top of that to be paid to .gov.

They are popular in some parts of Europe from what I gather.

We do not own any silencers but they are legal to buy in our state of Montana. Some gun stores sell them (Bob Wards, etc.) and there is the paperwork to fill out and more TAX money to shell out. I know this because I asked my MT born/raised husband about it and looked up the MT law too. I do not ever remember seeing them in any store but I was not specifically looking for them either.

I think that they should be legal to buy in all states IF you choose to want one. Plus I think that people should not have to pay more TAXES just to buy them with more paperwork to fill out.

I don't get or understand the filter/catcher thing. As I stated elsewhere, if my memory is correct, I thought that people were talking about traps/filters on kitchen sinks or oil filters and things like that for cars, trucks, tractors, boats, etc.

I never used anything to catch gun cleaning fluids (Shooter's Choice, etc.) when I cleaned my guns. My late husband and my MT husband cleaned/clean their guns like I did and do. NO special filter or 'catcher'.

Maybe I am too old or dense because I never heard of such things before or paid attention to such things online.

I thought that Trump was going to push hearing protection laws, open/concealed national carry laws = ONE PERMIT OR NONE, etc. too.

Some of the PNW firearm people really love their legal silencers and they talk about them on some forums. I can understand the hearing protection and that would be an advantage.

However with that said, we are not buying any or paying extra taxes for them. We will continue to use good hearing protection muffs PLUS ear plugs too.

Old Lady Cate

Those people were trying to not use the correct terminology to try and not attract attention (but failed). In some instances oil filters with a threaded adapter to match the filter and your weapon were used. Maybe that is where the term "filter" came into play. Some of the newer ones don't really resemble filters as much as a trap, but are still being used for other purposes (with a minimal amount of work involved). Advertised as one thing but used for another. Gives some deniability I guess.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Those people were trying to not use the correct terminology to try and not attract attention (but failed). In some instances oil filters with a threaded adapter to match the filter and your weapon were used. Maybe that is where the term "filter" came into play. Some of the newer ones don't really resemble filters as much as a trap, but are still being used for other purposes (with a minimal amount of work involved). Advertised as one thing but used for another. Gives some deniability I guess.

Those men and other men who still live in that area (PNW Forum) and or moved to other states spoke about those filter/trap things AND the kind of silencers that are made professionally - legal to buy, use, special taxes, paperwork and/or stamps.

If I get to Bob Wards - I may look at one in a glass case just to see what one looks like in person. My husband has seen them in person as I said in a store (BW) but I have never seen one in person.

I do not know any person who owns one or shoots with one out here.

I only know some people ONLINE who say that they own them and love them, factory - legal silencers. They are really into them and like it for their EARS - hearing protection.

My husband does not want one and I do not want one.

Cate

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    I had to look up the term concerning the OP's issues with the object that he was questioned about from the alphabet agencies.

I heard about that term if my memory is correct on another forum. I did not understand what it was all about to be frank here.

Apparently those filters or catchers were used for silencers or hearing protection devices but I never heard about them being for 'machine guns' (Huh?!) or any other THING for a firearm.

Some man on another forum was talking about those things and another man was talking about the Official Form, Price or TAX to be paid and the LONG waiting list for such objects known as silencers.

Apparently in some states, people are buying silencers and there is a LONG waiting list for them to be 'officially approved'.

Plus the tax on top of that to be paid to .gov.

They are popular in some parts of Europe from what I gather.

We do not own any silencers but they are legal to buy in our state of Montana. Some gun stores sell them (Bob Wards, etc.) and there is the paperwork to fill out and more TAX money to shell out. I know this because I asked my MT born/raised husband about it and looked up the MT law too. I do not ever remember seeing them in any store but I was not specifically looking for them either.

I think that they should be legal to buy in all states IF you choose to want one. Plus I think that people should not have to pay more TAXES just to buy them with more paperwork to fill out.

I don't get or understand the filter/catcher thing. As I stated elsewhere, if my memory is correct, I thought that people were talking about traps/filters on kitchen sinks or oil filters and things like that for cars, trucks, tractors, boats, etc.

I never used anything to catch gun cleaning fluids (Shooter's Choice, etc.) when I cleaned my guns. My late husband and my MT husband cleaned/clean their guns like I did and do. NO special filter or 'catcher'.

Maybe I am too old or dense because I never heard of such things before or paid attention to such things online.

I thought that Trump was going to push hearing protection laws, open/concealed national carry laws = ONE PERMIT OR NONE, etc. too.

Some of the PNW firearm people really love their legal silencers and they talk about them on some forums. I can understand the hearing protection and that would be an advantage.

However with that said, we are not buying any or paying extra taxes for them. We will continue to use good hearing protection muffs PLUS ear plugs too.

Old Lady Cate
    I still want a solvent trap but won't buy one because of the alpha bet boys. I really want to use it for a solvent trap. My garage slab is new and don't want oil stains all over it. I could dump all the solvent into a garbage can, but heard stories of spontaneous combustion.

First thing I did upon moving to Texas was get a stamp and a can. Seems silly to wait the 6 months and pay $200 for a surpressor when you can buy a gun in a parking lot.

Surpressors should be unregulated.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I still want a solvent trap but won't buy one because of the alpha bet boys. I really want to use it for a solvent trap. My garage slab is new and don't want oil stains all over it. I could dump all the solvent into a garbage can, but heard stories of spontaneous combustion.

First thing I did upon moving to Texas was get a stamp and a can. Seems silly to wait the 6 months and pay $200 for a surpressor when you can buy a gun in a parking lot.

Surpressors should be unregulated.
    Google solvent trap midway.

Just dont buy steel wool at the same time to fill you're plastic water bottle solvent trap with and the tards at the ATF should be ok.

Oh I guess they call it a cleaning patch trap.

Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    There are still solvent traps/supp kits that are legal to buy. The one I bought just did not require enough machine work to fit the ATF’s liking.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    Google solvent trap midway.

Just dont buy steel wool at the same time to fill you're plastic water bottle solvent trap with and the tards at the ATF should be ok.

Oh I guess they call it a cleaning patch trap.
    Nope. Looks like a disposable supressor to the DA.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom