• ...and so much more!
  • wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Ah, but since people are selfish and won't hand over all their money (darn bitter clingers) the second trick is to devalue all currency by printing more...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Simple answer...they want YOUR money so YOU don't have it...
    Well, more accurately they need your labor to give the perception of value to our currency, but that's a topic for another thread :p

So who's sent in a form 1 to build a machine gun? It would be pretty simple to make something like an M3 grease gun. Worse they could say is "not approved" and send your check back, right? I would try it, but funds are pretty tight for the next 6 mo or so and I don't even have a trust setup yet. Someone try it so I can live vicariously through you!

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Worse they could say is "not approved" and send your check back, right?

That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. You'd just be loaning $200 to the govt for a year or wutever it takes for them to reject it.

The most FUBAR'd thing they could do is approve it and let you build it and then bust you for being in possession of it. Under the revenue code a trust can build and own MGs, but under the GCA there is no such thing as a trust. So an individual can't act as an agent of an undefined entity. The individual would be treated as a regular person (not a trustee) in possession of a post-1986 MG owned by the trust and in violation of the law. That's the reasoning behind the ATF requirement for a NICs check on trustees, and the argument they would make in court.

Not sure how that plays out for SBRs and silencers owned by trusts. But there is no law prohibiting possession of those past a certain date like there is for MGs.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To ALL,

On 21JAN17, when the ADULTS are back in control of the Congress & the WH, it's time to stop "asking for relief" & DEMAND that the prohibition on "making" machineguns be REPEALED forever.

just my opinion, satx

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    To ALL,

On 21JAN17, when the ADULTS are back in control of the Congress & the WH, it's time to stop "asking for relief" & DEMAND that the prohibition on "making" machineguns be REPEALED forever.

just my opinion, satx

Given the composition of the electorate (Zero was twice elected), I doubt we'll have DC filled with 'adults' any time soon.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    To ALL,

just my opinion, satx

Good luck with that. Neither party wants to relinquish control of anything, especially guns.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Lol. Someone on another forum said they got an approved trust Form 1 for a MG and ATF is now asking/threatening for it back.

Too bad Sugar Land never sent in that form for a HK trigger pack we filled out.

Last edited:

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Lol. Someone on another forum said they got an approved trust Form 1 for a MG and ATF is now asking/threatening for it back.
    If they approved it, can they legally ask for it back? I hope that guy has a good lawyer and the ATF get's their pee-pee slapped.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Been reading the ARF.com thread.
    It seems the folks approved and then reversed may have standing.
    Gut feeling is the courts will back ATF. NO WAY will fed.gov allow the people to make full auto toys.
    Heaven knows ATF has never changed their rulings before.
    Getting Congress to back off on full auto will never happen either.
    Going to take years of litigation and million$.
    Who knows? Stranger things have happened.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I kind of feel bad for the ATF examiner. Jason is actually one of the better ones.

I hope this circus freak show isn't slowing down approval of legit ordinary transfers.

As much as we all want this to be true, it's still just a technicality because whoever wrote the GCA of 1968 forgot to include trusts in the definition of 'person'.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom