APOD Firearms

The ATF strikes again. This time Fostech.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    It sure does seem like we are losing more ground then when Obummer was around. Not that I think there is better option currently, but Trump hasn't done shit to stop these situations.
    FB_IMG_1576879814442.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1576879814442.jpg
      FB_IMG_1576879814442.jpg
      50 KB · Views: 857

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Hardly "lost ground" for either of these. Novelty guns designed purposely to elude classification.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    So its only going to be lost ground when they come for "whatever it happens to be that YOU own" got it.

I sure hope there is someone left to support you when they do target your stuff.

LOL, settle down. It's not "lost ground" because these two guns were jumping up and down on new, thin ground.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Hoji,

100% SPOT ON.

Fwiw, I can easily see a future day that all:
    1. Scoped "deer rifles" are claimed to be SNIPER RIFLES, which have "no sporting purpose".
    2. Shotguns which accept more than 3 shells have "no sporting purpose" & are denied to civilian ownership
    and
    3. Any number of other FOOLISH/brainless actions by unelected/leftist/clueless bureaucrats.

Personally, I favor dissolution of the BATFE, repeal of ALL federal firearms laws (including the NFA) & a permanent prohibition being passed against any future violations of the 2nd Amendment by any entity of the federal government.

yours, satx

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I've always been interested in watching these things that, depending on your point of view, were either designed specifically to skirt the current law, or were designed specifically in accordance with current law.

So far the things most surprising to me were the changes under the Trump administration. I don't think the bump stock was designed to get around any machine gun law. Bump firing has been around for a long, long time. Someone simply figured out how to manufacture a device that would allow any layman to bump fire without any training or practice.

I guess Trump fell for fake news or just doesn't understand that bump firing is less accurate, and the AR platform doesn't lend itself to work well with sustained rates of fire anywhere approaching cyclic or bump fire rates.

Either way, it shows us these things are politically motivated. Since most govt. employees lean way to the left, I wouldn't be surprised if the ATF were tightening things up just because they assume Trump would be against it, but the government is too big and bureaucratic for him to be able to, or have time to do anything about it.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Like anyone in politics, the Trump Administration must pick it's battles - and heaven only knows the Dems have made everything a battle now. As much as bump stock owners are still butt-hurt over that, it still remains a very small percentage of the firearms market and let the Administration throw a bone to the media and the Left while still leaving the vast majority of firearms untouched. You don't have to like it, but you have to accept that it's reality. What I find frightening is that the ATF can change it's mind on a whim and declare something to be illegal - even if it's been sold with their blessing for years.

We need a LOT less government.

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    Like anyone in politics, the Trump Administration must pick it's battles - and heaven only knows the Dems have made everything a battle now. As much as bump stock owners are still butt-hurt over that, it still remains a very small percentage of the firearms market and let the Administration throw a bone to the media and the Left while still leaving the vast majority of firearms untouched. You don't have to like it, but you have to accept that it's reality. What I find frightening is that the ATF can change it's mind on a whim and declare something to be illegal - even if it's been sold with their blessing for years.

We need a SCOTUS that will do its job...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    TexasJack,

Your comments are generally spot on. - That's why I want all but 2-3 federal LE agencies ABOLISHED forever & a permanent prohibition passed to assure that NO MORE are established.

We American citizens need over 80 federal police agencies like we all need an aggressive cancer.

yours, satx

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

They changed the definition of a machine gun on a whim. If you don’t think that effects everyone then you haven’t thought about it very hard.

As far as “only a small percentage”, there were probably more bump stock owners than .50 BMG owners. Will you feel the same if they go after .50s? What about if they decide .338 Lapua is to dangerous due to its range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    It is not the ATF’s place to “define” things, or create laws.

It’s up to the legislative branch to create, and the judicial to define and interpret.

They are not a legislative agency, they are a law enforcement agency.

The lines that define the three branches of our government are being erased. That’s what we should be outraged about.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Top Bottom