Venture Surplus ad

The ATF strikes again. This time Fostech.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I've always been interested in watching these things that, depending on your point of view, were either designed specifically to skirt the current law, or were designed specifically in accordance with current law.

Every legal thing was designed in accordance with the current law. Ever gun would have a giggle switch if laws were different. Cars would look & perform differently. Paper straws wouldn't exist. Converse shoes wouldn't have felt on the soles (https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...rse-sneakers-have-felt-on-the-bottom-6016648/). Etc.

We have too many stupid ass laws.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I said during the primaries that I didn’t trust Trump on guns. I’ve also be chastised for saying what I though about what he’s done concerning the 2A while he’s been in office.

Trump needs to hear from us if you want him to support the 2A. He has flipped on things after his base got riled. But if we sit back quietly he will continue to let the ATF run over us with changing definitions and pencil whipped regulations. I don’t think the 2A is even on his radar for the most part, but if we sit back comfortably because we think we have won the fight we will wake up in 2024 and realize we have been losing ground for 8 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The ATF is part of the executive branch. While I'm sure some phuktards would try to impeach him for it, if he told them to stop this shit they would have no choice. They arent following a law or even writing regulation after a new law. They are making shit up as they go depending on who's butthurt at the time.

So what have we Learned.
    1.Trump isnt a conservative.
    2.The ATF isnt an independent branch of government, they report to the executive.
    3.The first two are never good together.

Pistol braces next? Meh, maybe but banning and confiscating that would be heavy lifting. They will eventually try. They have to be fought at every turn.

Oh and people would do well to become indignant and protest every act by the ATF. Just as they would a newly proposed law. There are NO GOOD GUYS in the ATF. GOOD GUYS WITH INTEGRITY could not operate in the ATF. They will eventually come for something you hold dear. Remember there was a version of AWB Bill's that described just about any stock but a straight stock as a pistol grip if associated with a semi auto operating system thanks to Fienstine. She wanted to get rid of all semi auto guns li ki e the colt woodsman or BARs. They will come for yours eventually and waiting till your requierd to store them in a police station or licensed hunting club safe will probably be too late.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Pistol braces wouldn’t be any more difficult to ban than bump stocks.

How many people have you seen at the range with them since they were banned? How many for sale?

I’m sure some have kept them, but most are probably hidden away collecting dust. The rest will eventually be found when someone shows them to the wrong person.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The bump stock thing isnt over, technically yet.

This said the numbers and the models designed from manufacturers with pistol braces are what would make that a bit more difficult. Like the shockwave shotguns, yes they could say no more but getting there will not be as easy due to several reasons. The more mainstream the more difficult.

Yes, if the goberment isnt divided and the retard party holds the pres and both houses of Congress they could try anything. Still even though they controlled it all under Clinton the 94 crime bill containing the AWB couldnt pass without the sunset provision and, even then, it promptly ended the dem control of the house and Senate a few months later. Permanently ending the careers of many long time pols.

Still you must say this far no further to every attempt they make. You never know when they could sneak one thru in a perfect storm of circumstances.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    This said the numbers and the models designed from manufacturers with pistol braces are what would make that a bit more difficult. Like the shockwave shotguns, yes they could say no more but getting there will not be as easy due to several reasons. The more mainstream the more difficult.

Like bumpstocks, all ATF has to do is go to a few public ranges, and observe someone in possession. A few well publicized felony arrests and before your know it, everyone who owns one has a boating accident and said braces are never seen in public again. No amount of "mainstream" can change how easy this would be.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    Send them a picture of your bump stock and let us know if it’s banned.

That’s basically what the plaintiff in the lawsuit of that article has done.

I do not own a bump stock, nor do I have a desire to own one.

I’m only pointing out, that there is a game of deception, on the part of the ATF, and other alphabet soup agencies.

Our government is more out of line than a few wacky congressmen, the previous administrations have allowed many agencies to run amok.

The swamp that needs draining is much larger than most realize.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Top Bottom