• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just got the 338 back from getting some Cerakote laid out on it. They did a great job! Props out to West Texas Ordinance.

Now waiting on the Hybrid to get cleared so I can start flinging Abrahams down range again.
    Lynx Defense

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
      thumbnail.jpg
      231.6 KB · Views: 287
    • thumbnail10.jpg
      thumbnail10.jpg
      279.3 KB · Views: 275

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks good.

Any before pictures? Information on the rifle and scope?

Rifle is a Savage 10/110 FCP HS Precision. 338LM
    Scope is just a temp. I'll be running another Burris XTR II, 8X‑40X‑50mm F-class for it.
    I have only shot 2 boxes out the rifle. It's ungodly loud. It will remain on the shelf until I can get a can on it. It's expensive to shoot... But I really enjoy it for what it is designed to do.

Attachments

• bKZ0lE02P_oa6EPDuEW.png
      bKZ0lE02P_oa6EPDuEW.png
      13.4 KB · Views: 244

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Rifle is a Savage 10/110 FCP HS Precision. 338LM
    Scope is just a temp. I'll be running another Burris XTR II, 8X‑40X‑50mm F-class for it.
    I have only shot 2 boxes out the rifle. It's ungodly loud. It will remain on the shelf until I can get a can on it. It's expensive to shoot... But I really enjoy it for what it is designed to do.
    Nice. Had a 110 BA in 338 Lapua and it was a great rifle.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I've been wanting one of their Evolutions. I think its a cool rifle. But good lord... were does it stop? New rifle then gotta get glass and I gotta cerakote everything I get. Where does the madness end?
    My next purchase will be an Evolution. Had a Stealth and the Evolution is set up a little better. Spending big money on glass too.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I've been wanting one of their Evolutions. I think its a cool rifle. But good lord... were does it stop? New rifle then gotta get glass and I gotta cerakote everything I get. Where does the madness end?
    It ends at the property line.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    You'll have to let me know the pros and cons of the set up. Looking forward to seeing it
    Will do.

I held one the other day. I like the PRS stock and the fore end over what the Stealth has.

The Stealth's open top barrel can show a lot of mirage in the scope as the barrel heats up. The Stock on the Stealth is junk too. Better fit for a battle rifle.

May be a few months before I buy but hopefully the manufacturers will come out with more 6mm Creedmoor options for componants and ammo.

Top Bottom