Texas SOT

The Best, and The Worst Gun Channels That You Have Seen!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If you watch YouTube for videos on guns, or gun related topics, or training, or for information long enough, you quickly learn the better one to watch, and those that you avoid like they have the plague!

Those I do like, and in no particular order.

1. Hickok45

2. Paul Harrel.

3. Forgotten Weapons.

4. C & Rsenal.

5. Iraqveteran8888.

6. Lionheart Filmworks.

7. MidwayUSA.

Some I avoid, and again, in no particular order.

1. James Yeager. (or anyone associated with JY.)

2. American Gun Chic.

3. The Yankee Marshal.

4. Military Arms Channel.

So lets hear your best and worst gun channels.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    No, the show was on Discovery "Sons of Guns"

Now I remember. That was as @Vaquero said, Red Jacket Firearms. Will the owner went to prison for being a child molester IIRC.
    I just remember red jacket firearms.
    Some oddball folks doing questionable stuff.
    I just cringed when they "modified" the BAR for Jesse James. IMO, they totally ruined the rifle.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    How ‘bout when the tacticooled that Thompson, talk about an arrest-able offense :banghead:

I must have missed that episode. That's shameful though.
    Ya like serial pedophiles?

Oh you mean the gun shit.

His own daughter verified the allegations made by her step-sister, because she was also one of his victims.

That is some phucked up shit.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Top Teir

InRangeTV: Viewer funded, unbiased reviews, and an in depth look at the practical usage of both historic and modern firearms.

C&Rsenal: Is literally redefining what we know about many old firearms. Gives you the most historically accurate, in depth look at firearms of literally anywhere on the web. Their bread and butter is WWI, but they are about to start expanding to other eras.

Forgotten Weapons: Shows you all the guns and how they work.

Paul Herrell: Discusses the practical and real world usage of firearms among other things.

Second Tier (still pretty damn good)

Capandball: As the name would suggest, it covers a lot of blackpowder era firearms.

Britishmuzzleloaders: Again, as the name would suggest, he covers a lot of British firearms and history.

Bloke on the Range: Covers a lot of different historical guns, especially Swiss and British, and also does a lot of mad minutes runs to show how fast these guns actually are to use and shoot accurately.

Fudd Busters: Is a channel dedicated to dispelling fuddlore, and explain what the law actually means. He covers and explains a lot of current events from a legal point of view. He's an FPC firearm rights attorney.

9 Hole Reviews: Takes historic and modern firearms and tests how they do at certain ranges (usually out to 500 yards, sometimes more)

Brandon Herrera: Brings you AK content and some spicy memes.

TAOFLEDERMAUS: Ever wonder what would happen if you shoved some weird shit into a shotgun shell and fired it. Now you don't have to wonder.

Iraqveteran8888: Right on the borderline of being not my thing. They do some experimental stuff and some historical stuff in addition to the reviews, so that's what kept them out of the next tier down.

AK Operator's Union, Local 47-74: Gives you a no BS look into AKs, how to use them, and what accessories work well with them.

22 Plinkster: Master of the rimfire, and one hell of a shot.

Honest Outlaw: One of the few gun reviewers I actually enjoy. Also a hell of a shot, and he puts a LOT of rounds through his guns.

Active Shelf Protection: Teaches you self defense concept using real world examples.

Great, But Not My Thing Tier

Demolition Ranch: A little too over the top for me. I used to watch some of his stuff though.

Hickok45: One of the original guntubers. There's no denying that he's great, but review channels in general just don't do it for me.

Nutnfancy: Dude doesn't shut up. Will go on for a solid hour reviewing a morale patch. If nothing else, you will get a very in depth view of that product by the time the video is over.

Meh Tier (Don't hate them, but don't love them either)

Military Arms Channel: Another review channel. Some of their stuff is good, most I don't care to watch.

Sootch00: Again, another review channel. Meh. He has a prepper channel (Sensible Prepper) which is a little better.

Kentucky Ballistics: Reminds me a lot of Demolition Ranch.

TFB TV: Review channel

Shit Tier

The Yankee Marshal: **** this guy. He's incredibly toxic, has made stolen valor accusations against another YouTuber (Mrgunsandgear) who actually did serve, and is an all around piece of shit.

Last edited:

LinuxAssailant

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2020
    Soon to be Texan
    Most of those mentioned above have been around since before demonetization, so newbs have a lesser chance of becoming as YouTube-Famous due to new algorithms, as YouTube tries to silence Liberty.

...Forgotten Weapons: Shows you all the guns and how they work.

Paul Herrell: Discusses the practical and real world usage of firearms among other things...
    TAOFLEDERMAUS: Ever wonder what would happen if you shoved some weird shit into a shotgun shell and fired it. Now you don't have to wonder...
    Demolition Ranch: A little too over the top for me. I used to watch some of his stuff though...
    Nutnfancy: Dude doesn't shut up...
    Spot on! Since Nutnfancy was a "ZERO" in the Air Farse, that might have something to do with extra babble... :)

Noir has gone pretty far toward Firearm-pimp/Gear-pimp for manufacturers as of late.
    It's pretty bad, and w/overt-obviousness (for the money..). i.e.

Last edited:

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Best, no order

Forgotten weapons
    C&Rsenal
    TNOutdoors9
    TFBTV
    Anvil gunsmithing
    Carnik con
    Dynamic pie concepts
    9 hole reviews
    Active self protection
    Bloke at the range
    British muzzle loaders

Paul harrel (some good but also some odd/outdated info)
    The AK guy (memes and bland "reviews")
    Garand thumb (good reviews but repetitive)
    Mishaco (odd guns)
    Life size potato (odd guns)

All good channels but not my thing.

Bad.

Sootch00 (false reviews, dude is an idiot)
    Inrange TV (karl is a massive commie)
    IV8888 (false reviews. Was a good channel before Barry died)
    Nutnfancy (windbag fudd)
    TYM (commie)
    MAC (drama queen)

Top Bottom