• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J-gunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2019
    Northlake, TX
    I think Ruger's LCP line (or equivalent Keltec offering) is hard to beat. Cheap and effective with proven reliability. If for any reason I'm not carrying my Glock, I'm surely carrying my LCP!
    Target Sports

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    If one is carrying openly, the requirement is to have a holster. If it is concealed, a holster is not required. Example: I have a "Hip Grip" grip on my S&W revolver that allows one to put the gun inside the waistband and the grip extension rides on the belt with only a small portion of the grip exposed. As long as that part of the grip is covered (shirt tail, etc.), it is legal.
    s-l225.webp
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=barami hip grips

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Unless one is wearing jeans, etc., I think the Colt Defender is too heavy and bulky for a pocket gun.

Evidently there are some instructors out there somewhere that are spreading some inaccurate information about the "must have a holster" thing. They are certainly welcome to indicate their preferences to new candidates regarding how to carry, what they think is safe, best practice, etc., but that does not change the laws.

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    I'm only referring to concealed carry.

ETA: I can find nothing so far indicating any requirement for a holster for concealed carry. If you have some info (numbers, etc.) on a legal statute/requirement, I'd appreciate knowing what they are so I can read them.

Last edited:

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I've recently read a half dozen "belt or shoulder" holster required statements (yes I used google). Many of these may be equating concealed with open carry. I've lived in GA for 14 years and (unwisely) no holster is required for open carry there.

Belt or shoulder holster required for open carry as opposed to, say, Mexican carry with the handle clearly visible.
    Concealed carry, stuff it in your pocket for all the law cares.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I'm only referring to concealed carry.

ETA: I can find nothing so far indicating any requirement for a holster for concealed carry. If you have some info (numbers, etc.) on a legal statute/requirement, I'd appreciate knowing what they are so I can read them.

Concealed is concealed. You can stuff your piece between your moobs if you want to and it's legal. Only for open carry are there holster requirements, as opposed stuffing it into your waist band Mexican style.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom