• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Sig P938 for me. Really hard to beat it's packaging. Beretta Nano is a runner up.

Pocket Nines - a visual comparison
    10078104804_280f46dcef_c-jpg.jpg

Attachments

• 10078104804_280f46dcef_c-jpg.jpg
      10078104804_280f46dcef_c-jpg.jpg
      107.1 KB · Views: 582

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    This one: Seecamp .380. Mirror polished with Monitor Lizard grip panels. View attachment 176426 I keep it loaded with Hornady XD. Extreme Defense copper will penetrate tough clothing but not overpenetrate like the XP Extreme Penetrator which could injure those behind the intended target. The Hornady ammo is very comfortable to shoot while just about any other is so snappy the trigger guard will bang the crap out of your trigger finger. My EDC is a Ruger LC9S Pro. When I wear tight clothing like a tank top the Seecamp has a smaller print.
    Link to those pimpass grips, please.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    To those who ask, "why a .22 or .32? Have you ever carried a 1911 all day when digging post holes? What about working in a bank or any other job where a firearm is not welcomed, or when you are entering people's homes for business?

That's when a .22 or .32, so small you often forget you have it, becomes the BEST - because it's the ONLY.

Or as my dad would say, "you'll be happy to have that pop gun when it's the onliest one you got!"

Yet there are plenty of completely concealable micro guns in more effective calibers. The P938/Micro 9 - P238/Micro .380 variants got mentioned in this thread many times. Metallurgy science sure has advanced since the days when a .32 or or .25 was considered a usable round. Meaning they can make handguns the same size but much more powerful these days.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    KelTec P32 with laser I carry in gym shorts or on the waistband since it has a metal side clip. Next size larger is a Kahr CW380 with laser that easily carries in jeans.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Generally, I avoid carrying anything less powerful than a 380 acp. From my own experience, 32 acp is dubious as a self defense cartridge. I've used it to dispatch small critters around my property, and was far from impressed. Granted, this was with a lead round nose bullet that was a bit heavier than you'd typically load for 32 acp, but I am doubtful that a lighter, somewhat faster hollow point would improve performance a great deal, especial when you're going from dispatching rats and snakes to defending yourself against a 200lb man.

This is coming from a worst case scenario point of view. If you have a determined attacker that will not be dissuaded by the presence of a gun, or a non-debilitating shot, then I'm not too comfortable with 32 acp. I prepare for the worse, and hope for the best. From what I understand, most cases are not like that and a 32 acp would be sufficient in these cases. Cases where the mere presence of a gun dissuades a potential attacker, or in which a wound, whether lethal or not, causes an attacker to either flee or to at least stop attacking. I believe these types of situations make up the majority of self defense cases. Like I said though, I prepare for the worse, and hope for the best.

TLDR: 32 acp is a good deterrent and certainly better than nothing, but I'm not confident in it's ability to perform.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I like my Walther PPS and p938 for concealment. Neither really print, but I don't carry pocket either. Have too many other things I require in the pockets for work and edc

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TexasGunAdmirer

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    Just West of Fort Worth
    Since I first posted on this thread I picked up another lightly used Glock 42 for pocket carry - I like it that much. I’ve been pocket carrying a Glock 43 all week on vacation and it hasn’t been a problem. However, I prefer the G42.

The G42 is a little bigger than the ones mentioned but is very shootable and has low recoil. It is really nice to shoot and very accurate. My wife has a G42 as well. So, we have three now.

Magguts allows you to reliably add a round of ammo in the factory magazine without adding any length. 7 +1 rounds of XTP ammo is nothing to dismiss for civilian self defense.

Last edited:

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Plenty people mentioned Seecamp but people forgetting Beretta tomcat 3032. View attachment 176429
    The Tomcats had horrible triggers was the reason I never bought one. I see a lot of mentions for the micro SA 1911 types. What condition do you carry those in a pocket?

I got a Kahr CW380 couple years back from PSA for $219 I think. One of the better bargains I found no doubt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Since I first posted on this thread I picked up another lightly used Glock 42 for pocket carry - I like it that much. I’ve been pocket carrying a Glock 43 all week on vacation and it hasn’t been a problem. However, I prefer the G42.

The G42 is a little bigger than the ones mentioned but is very shootable and has low recoil. It is really nice to shoot and very accurate. My wife has a G42 as well. So, we have three now.

Magguts allows you to reliably add a round of ammo in the factory magazine without adding any length. 7 +1 rounds of XTP ammo is nothing to dismiss for civilian self defense.

Which pocket holster do you use for the G42?

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    The Tomcats had horrible triggers was the reason I never bought one. I see a lot of mentions for the micro SA 1911 types. What condition do you carry those in a pocket?

I got a Kahr CW380 couple years back from PSA for $219 I think. One of the better bargains I found no doubt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I’d love to find one of those deals. Always wanted to try a Kahr. Do you like the trigger?

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    How's the quality on kahr pistols? I've always been a bit iffy about them for some unjustified reason

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    roadrunner; All,

Fwiw, ONE reason that I never had to actually shoot anyone on the job, despite having handled some "bad hombres", was that I customarily carried a DB Parker 12-gauge that was "sawed off" into a "pistol like weapon" with 10" tubes for years.
    (I "inherited it" from the previous City Marshal, when he passed away.)

Generally speaking, even a BAD guy, who was drugged-up or a "mean drunk", decided to improve their deportment, "clean-up their act" & go peacefully to jail, after a single look down those muzzles. = A "sawed-off" 12-gauge looks like a howitzer from the other end.
    (My most common "call-out", that involved violence, in those days "when dinosaurs roamed the Earth" was to cope with drunken brawls in the "joints out on the county line". - Upon arrival, I often found that the subject(s) had active warrants of arrest from other jurisdictions.)

Fwiw, my friend Jimmy H_______, who was a county Constable & I's "biggest haul" was arresting the entire membership of a "roving gang of drunken thugs", who were assaulting customers & "tearing up" a beer joint out on the line. - After arresting all of the brawlers, we found that 22 of 28 arrested thugs were "wanted" in TX, AR or LA.
    (After locking up the crowd, the 2 of us got on the phone & called the various departments to ask them to come collect their criminals. = The charges included narcotics offenses, felony DWI, aggravated assault, robbery, cattle theft, indecent assault, maiming, child molestation & attempted homicide. - Several warrants were for fleeing across state lines to avoid arrest.)

Note to "urban area LEOs" who may be reading these lines: Rural town/county police work is REALLY different than cases that most big city officers will ever work.
    (For example, when was the last time that you, as an officer from an urban area, investigated the theft of pigs OR investigated a TA "while herding livestock on the public highway"??)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Just went through this whole thread.

Lots of different thoughts on sizes. What kinds of clothes do folks wear? I saw Wranglers and shorts mentioned but even that is vague. Do the pistols look like keys or something in your pocket? Would a fellow fun guy recognize what it is?

I wear Wrangler 20X jeans at work and George Strait Wranglers in my off time. I have a hard time imagining many of these to work.

Top Bottom