• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whittsailor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    It's hard to put away my Sig 938, but my 365 carries equally well in the front pocket of my regular fit Wranglers.

Just over a 1000 rounds since I bought it last April with no major issues.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Most of the time I either have a Glock 43 or an old S&W Model 36 in my right front pocket. In my left front pocket is my LCP. At home, I have a Glock 19 on me.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Way, pray tell, not?

Safety comes off something enters the trigger and you get a desk pop. Heck, some substitute teacher last week just had a ND when his Taurus 380 trigger came in contact with his clip on knife when he bent down to pick something up. I was so happy when the Colt Pony came out because I could trade out my Mustang as my BUG. There is just better stuff out there IMHO unless you are stuck on the 1911 platform.
    I bought into the dream too. I carried a SA Govt. 1911 slightly tuned in a SSIII holster. I had a gun and a badge and was a student of the gun. That was then, this is now. I was a FTO and my recruits were awestruck. I did well with it too in competition and no way my hands were big enough to shoot a DA Beretta 92.
    Then I got some experience and reality set in especially after the the FBI Miami Shootout and then the LA Bank Robbery Shootout. I needed more rounds, lighter weight, mags with more rounds, AND still a constant trigger. It's funny, I tried to carry a G17 but it was 1991 and our Range Master thought it was plastic junk. He loved 1911s though.
    Granted, IF I pocket carried anything but especially a SA 1911 type, it would ride in a holster that covers the trigger and it would be the ONLY thing in the pocket. I could make it work but again, why when there is better stuff out there?

Carry what you want and go with God.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Well duh, in a pocket holster and nothing else in the pocket. And even if the very positively engaging safety should come off the trigger pull on my Micro 9 is at 6 lbs. P938 isn't that far off either.
    Also I'm not in the business of serving and protecting, I'm in I.T., so the 7+1 plus the 7 in the spare mag better be enough, LOL.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Well duh, in a pocket holster and nothing else in the pocket. And even if the very positively engaging safety should come off the trigger pull on my Micro 9 is at 6 lbs. P938 isn't that far off either.
    Also I'm not in the business of serving and protecting, I'm in I.T., so the 7+1 plus the 7 in the spare mag better be enough, LOL.

I hear you but some people don't do that. The other thing I didn't mention is pulling the P938 out and swiping the safety off. Some will have the training to do it and well others won't. We can talk about the loss of fine motor skills when the caca hits the fan or maybe your hands will be sweaty or bloody to swipe it off. Maybe add .25 or .5 sec. to time of first shot if training is lacking. Again, carry what you want but those are the reasons I would not pocket carry a 1911 type SA. Me likes Glock and Kahrs

cb51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    Georgetown Tx.
    Still my NAA mini .22 revivers, after 30 plus years. I get up in the morning and gun is already in the pocket. Always.

I've tried all kinds of gun, the S&W air weight J frames, the Glock 26. I keep coming back again and again to the little North American mini revolvers. Since these little guns have worked for me before at the very close range crimes happen at, I just keep on with them. One in the side pocket where I can slip a hand I ,y pocket and have gun already in hand if needed, and a spare behind the belt buckle where I can get to it left handed or sitting down.

lightning

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2019
    Buffalo
    Kahr CW380 is super small and pretty accurate for being so small. Mine jammed first time out of the box, sent it back and got it returned in less than a week fixed! (Taurus took 6 months to return my Millenium G2, and it was still broke).

Ingramite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Hill Country
    28Jul19.jpg
    The Thing Is.jpg

Yeah, I really do.
    If you know what it is then you know how big it is.
    If you don't, you wouldn't believe it anyway.

Rather than spec the pistol, Ill spec the britches.
    Duluth Fire Hose Cargo pants.

So, that's my entry in "Mines bigger than yours" contest and I believe that this entry leaves me holding the biggest rod....as it were.

Attachments

• 28Jul19.jpg
      28Jul19.jpg
      516.4 KB · Views: 432
    • The Thing Is.jpg
      The Thing Is.jpg
      704.2 KB · Views: 492

Surferdaddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    ArO7q3v.jpg

IbbmZgT.jpg

z3hKxVU.jpg

Usually one of these three; depending upon pocket size and activity. I recently acquired a gen 2 LCP for times when I need the utmost discretion.

Surfer

Attachments

• ArO7q3v.jpg
      ArO7q3v.jpg
      510.9 KB · Views: 720
    • IbbmZgT.jpg
      IbbmZgT.jpg
      690 KB · Views: 423
    • z3hKxVU.jpg
      z3hKxVU.jpg
      644.6 KB · Views: 470

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    What do you guys think is the best "pocket" gun out there right now? Something that's easy to conceal in light clothing and comfortable to carry, is in a decent enough caliber, and is pretty shootable (manageable recoil, easy to shoot accurately at typical self defense ranges).

I'm a fan of the Springfield Armory XDs in 9mm, though it's a little on the large size for a "pocket" gun. It's super thin though.

View attachment 176246
    Keltec P32

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom