• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Maybe it's just me being an 'old fart', which is probably true regardless, but you guys are sure optimistic about the Ruger / Marlin mesh-up!

My experience when two like-product manufacturers marry up - regardless of the circumstances that brought them together - it's usually just a case of the bigger fish in the pond, eating its competition.

It usually winds up being just a way to get rid of one more competitor in the market place.
    Hurley's Gold

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I'm excited to see Ruger producing lever actions again. And seeing what they do with the line. Consider it hopeful optimism.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Maybe it's just me being an 'old fart', which is probably true regardless, but you guys are sure optimistic about the Ruger / Marlin mesh-up!

My experience when two like-product manufacturers marry up - regardless of the circumstances that brought them together - it's usually just a case of the bigger fish in the pond, eating its competition.

It usually winds up being just a way to get rid of one more competitor in the market place.

Have you been to a gun store lately and seen all the overstocked shelves? They were selling guns as fast as they could make them under Obama. Once the BLM riots started, the shelves got even more empty. If Trump wins the riots will continue or intensify. If Biden wins, the gun buying will ramp up because his and the VP's anti-gun stance. Ruger is picking up a turn key, ready to go factory and product line to crank stuff out during the panics, and then to fine tune and change production as needed down the road.

Besides, Ruger isn't exactly a lever action company, so that's a line they can add to compete with Henry who seems to be doing quite well.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    The email I got today from Ruger said their purchase was approved. They paid $30 million for Marlin assets using cash on hand.

I wish I had that kind of cash on hand.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    The Marlin's were being produced in Ilion. Curious as to where Ruger will make these rifles. Moving old machines is always an interesting experience as well. I think they paid $30M for the brand, fixtures, parts and WIP. I bet their state of the art 4 axis CNC's will be doing the chip cutting. I bet the current staff can be trained quickly enough in QA and assembly. I haven't been in the NH plant in years and have never been to the AZ facility, but Ruger as a whole has a solid corporate culture. I'm really looking forward to see what's first in line with this purchase. I see it as a super positive thing for the industry and consumers.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom