• ...and so much more!
  • Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    All will have to be approved. Palmetto State Armory group will get DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC, and Parker. Ruger will get Marlin.

Hurley's Gold

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Vista got out of the firearms business to focus on "other" outdoor products. Since they still have Federal, American Eagle, CCI and Blazer ammo, should be a good fit.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I came here to post this. Ruger getting Marlin is actually exciting to me.
    The internets are worried about Vista and Remington Ammunition, but it seems like a good fit to me.

I agree. That could prove very interesting. Makes me curious to see what they are going to come up with.

I'd really like to see them bring back the Marlin X7 series of bolt action rifles, and expand upon it with some new calibers.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    When I was a young man I had a Marlin Model 60 that was a squirrel murdering machine! Like a fool, I traded for a shotgun. I'd love to have that Model 60 back today.
    Still got mine from original 1981 purchase. (With the 22" barrel!).

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Still curious what the resolution is, on the corporate liabilities involved (the two pending lawsuits). A product liability case and the Sandy Hook wrongful advertising/marketing thing.

I guess the bankruptcy court will determine how much those plaintiffs get.... and they'll just have to be happy with that answer. After all, that's the purpose of going the bankruptcy legal route. To put those issues to bed!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Gun maker Remington Outdoor will be broken up and sold after a multiday bankruptcy auction, in which seven different buyers won the bidding for parcels of the company’s weapons and ammunition holdings. (WSJ)
    The following 7 companies are the successful bidders:

Vista Outdoor, Inc. - Lonoke (Arkansas) Ammunitions Business
    Roundhill Group, LLC - the non-Marlin Firearms Business
    Sierra Bullets, L.L.C. - Barnes Ammunitions Business;
    Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. - the Marlin Firearms Business
    JJE Capital Holdings, LLC - the DPMS,H&R, Stormlake, AAC, and Parker brands;
    Franklin Armory Holdings, Inc. - the Bushmaster brand and certain related assets;
    Sportsman’s Warehouse, Inc. the Tapco brand.

Look for some new lever actions out of Ruger. JJE Capital holdings has Palmetto State Armory, amongst other things. Vista owns Federal, CCI, and a bunch of other stuff.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Quite dismaying that an American icon like Remington apparently is going the way of the dinosaurs.

I don't think so, Remington has long been just a trade name getting sold to one buyer or another, and in their final 30 years grew stagnant, and released some some real dogs on the market

Remington could have made a killing following recent trends, but instead, we got the RP9 and R51

Top Bottom