• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hmm, my mom had a little stroke a few months ago. Thankfully, there was no apparent effect on her except a few lost hours of disorientation and such. She's been a diet soda drinker forever.

Sugar is bad. Artificial sweeteners are worse.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I read the skinny on that paper. It had an "association." Basically, they didn't have the power in the study to show any kind of causality.

Still interesting, but not enough to give up diet coke.

Want to avoid a stroke? Control your Hypertension and diabetes. . . . and don't get old or get cancer either.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Diet soda= diet poison. I have a soda every now and then, bust most soda drinkers I know have several a day. I'd imagine cigarette smoking is about as healthy.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Yeesh, glad I don't have a soda addiction like some people do. As a general life guideline it's a good idea to not drink your calories, even things like 100% fruit juice or V8. All I ever drink is water, black coffee, and unsweet tea.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Splenda is the best.
    What do they put in Diet DP? Thats the only diet soda i'll drink. Im more of a iced tea person.

Aspartame.

Havent read the article, but yeah... aspartame is horrible horrible stuff...

it isnt jsut in soda. it comes in little blue packets near the coffee machine at work... it is in nearly ALL gum, even the kinds with sugar. IN enarly all breathe mints except altiods (last time i checked)

speaking of not getting cancer- aspartame is linked to that as well - and not jsut in california where everyhtign casues cancer lol.

IIRC this was stumbled across by the DOD trying to come up with a new strain of e-coli to either eat chemical weapons, or be a bioweapon (i cant remember which) but basically, they invented this e-coli chimera germ, and it excreted aspartame.

welp... put it in everything!
    PROFIT!

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i am working on kicking the sodas.

because it is either that or the beer... and i love my beer. sooo Dr Pepper lost out.

screw going without caffeine though, nwo i just caffeinate my own beverages..

Bulk Caffeine Powder Extract

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I never understood the concept of diet soda. If you are trying to get healthy then why the eff are you drinking SODA?!

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    And next week there'll be a new study praising the health benefits of diet drinks. I gave up listening to food health warnings years ago. Eat what you like, do it in moderation, and you'll end up living a normal, healthy life.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Looks like it might be stroke city for me.

I am one diet Dr pepper drinking fool!!!!!
    Same here. We're doomed...

I just have never managed to like coffee, even when I worked 3rd shift for a while and really tried to drink the stuff. The only way I can stand it is if you load it up with a bunch of other stuff (Starbucks) to the point where it barely resembles coffee and costs 8 bucks for a cup.

Top Bottom