• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R.A.W Gun Slinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2020
    Rio Grande Valley Area
    Does anyone have a good 9mm Luger 115 grain recipe for "The Blue Bullets"? The website just says look up the recipes on the Hodgdon Load Data sheets but there are about, three of them lol. Can I use all three or is there a special one to use for "The Blue Bullets". Any help for a noob reloader like myself is greatly appreciated!!!

The three recipes are listed below-

1-BULLET WEIGHT 115 GR. SPR GDHP- CFE Pistol Powder
    2-BULLET WEIGHT 115 GR. LRN- CFE
    Pistol Powder/ 700x Powder
    3-BULLET WEIGHT 115 GR. SPR GDHP- 700x Powder

These are the options available when I look up 9mm 115 grain plus all the other specs of course.
    Capitol Armory ad

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I loaded 'em using cast bullet recipes, when run over a chrono they measure right where they should. Don't have my notes handy, been years since I loaded some, but I remember they were ok for plinking.

Chips n Salsa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2017
    Plano
    CFE Pistol is one that David at Precision Bullets recommends. You can check his YouTube series for some good starter tips. I loaded some of the Precision 125 gr RN lead at 4.8 gr CFE 1.125 OAL. Shot fine, no issues. I also load the coated 147's with CFE at about 4 gr for a range plinker. CFE Pistol is a slower pistol powder which I have grown to like. The Brian Enos forum has tons of data on loading 9mm Blue Bullets, I would Google that.

R.A.W Gun Slinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2020
    Rio Grande Valley Area
    CFE Pistol is one that David at Precision Bullets recommends. You can check his YouTube series for some good starter tips. I loaded some of the Precision 125 gr RN lead at 4.8 gr CFE 1.125 OAL. Shot fine, no issues. I also load the coated 147's with CFE at about 4 gr for a range plinker. CFE Pistol is a slower pistol powder which I have grown to like. The Brian Enos forum has tons of data on loading 9mm Blue Bullets, I would Google that.

Best comment of all!! Thank You.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    The only powders I would stay away from personally are titegroup and anything much faster than it on the burn rate charts. I know from personal experience that even the acme coated bullets(similar coating) will produce tons of nasty lead vapor and smoke with it. Titegroup has been my go to powder for the 9mm about a decade now.

I have reloaded the full spectrum of bullet types, coatings, weights and brands but I've recently consolidated to 2 weights and brands. Even though I found lead bullets for as low as 6 cents each I have also found that they weren't worth the hassle savings wise.

I'll pay the extra 2 cents a shot for plated or jacketed. Although for my 45s lead has it's rightful place.

Happy reloading!

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    The blues.
    DF6A5EDA-1879-4ED0-8B60-A4595999FA4A.jpeg

Attachments

• DF6A5EDA-1879-4ED0-8B60-A4595999FA4A.jpeg
      DF6A5EDA-1879-4ED0-8B60-A4595999FA4A.jpeg