APOD Firearms

The Brady anti-gun group are already shouting!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm a member of both the NRA and the GOA. From what I've seen, the NRA makes the most noise and has the numbers to back it up, however the GOA really does the nitty-gritty with the Government. I think they are both important to belong to if nothing else but to show your support, but they both play key roles in our struggle. One is set up fantastically to make our voice heard in congress, the other makes it heard to everyone else.
    Military Camp

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    The NRA is an old organization and seems to have an older membership. I am reminded of this every time I receive political-action mail from them complete with surveys on carbon paper to fill out and return. I see these guys at the range and they grumble about politics and make good points but many come off as a bit edgy if not deranged, and would do the cause no favors if interviewed by the media on the spot.

Another factor about the NRA that I find somewhat annoying is that most of their membership seems to be hunters, whose apparent sole concern is that their hunting arms be preserved and damn everything else related to the Second Amendment. A number of them think like disgraced former TV host Jim Zumbo - so long as their bolt, pump, and lever rifles and tube-fed pump/semi-auto shotguns are left alone they could care less about arms for self-defense or ... heaven forbid ... preserving liberty against an out-of-control government.

Top Bottom