The breakup of the United States? Opportunity?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ambidextrous1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This evening it was announced that Russian political analyst Igor Panarian has predicted that the current U.S. economic crisis will result in the breakup of the United States as a single sovereign nation.

Personally, I think he's wrong; but let's think about what could happen, and what we'd like to see. Would Texas "go it alone", or carefully form alliances with neighboring States? Think about econonic, political, cultural, and military advantages and drawbacks.

Think long and hard before you respond; there's no time limit. Consider this to be your only opportunity in this lifetime to "form a more perfect Union".
    Hurley's Gold

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    The cop is right - state's rights was what the Civil War was all about.

There have been a few books written about the subject. The overall conclusion seemed to be that we have let our government usurp way too much power from the people to let another Civil War occur. You add the overwhelming technological advantage that the feds have at their fingertips - satellite coverage for example - and dammit, they have Jack Bauer. Nuff said.

I admit that it is a fun thought to entertain, but an impossibility that we must accept.

The Russians planted the seeds back in the 1960's and look what they have grown into. They were such brilliant social engineers - using the freedoms of this country to ultimately destroy it. They just didn't realize it would take as long as it has.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The cop is right - state's rights was what the Civil War was all about.

There have been a few books written about the subject. The overall conclusion seemed to be that we have let our government usurp way too much power from the people to let another Civil War occur. You add the overwhelming technological advantage that the feds have at their fingertips - satellite coverage for example - and dammit, they have Jack Bauer. Nuff said.

I admit that it is a fun thought to entertain, but an impossibility that we must accept.

The Russians planted the seeds back in the 1960's and look what they have grown into. They were such brilliant social engineers - using the freedoms of this country to ultimately destroy it. They just didn't realize it would take as long as it has.

Well said!!!

jim t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    although I dont think it will happen, dont forget texas isnt the undeveoped back water it was in the civilwar. we have the capacity to make our own weapons and supplies. it wont be so easy to take us now. no they are bigger well it depends on who is with us. but they have more of the sheeple than we do. too many ainty gun ainty war, tree huggers. we got the good ole boys who know how to use the guns we have. but it wont happen until they change more of us into the ainties.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    although I dont think it will happen, dont forget texas isnt the undeveoped back water it was in the civilwar. we have the capacity to make our own weapons and supplies. it wont be so easy to take us now. no they are bigger well it depends on who is with us. but they have more of the sheeple than we do. too many ainty gun ainty war, tree huggers. we got the good ole boys who know how to use the guns we have. but it wont happen until they change more of us into the ainties.

Lets make this hypothetical...

Texas (at this point) does not have the capacity to manufacture enough arms to keep an army fighting.

Does not have the capacity to make enough planes or sattelites or tanks or anything else.

Now this is coming from someone who has traced his ancestry back and had kin folks fighting for the Confederacy.

During the 1st Civil War, the South thought that because they were "raised in the woods" and knew how to shoot, they could overcome incredible odds against them. Didn't work then, wouldn't work now.

I admire the pride, but dont let it get in the way of logic.

It may work in the short run, but in the long run, the people in our society dont have the stomach or determination for an extended guerilla type conflict against other Americans.

Lets hope we dont live to ever see another shooting war between Americans.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Won't happen, because unlike the Soviet empire, we weren't a bunch of independent countries with independent governments, languages, cultures, etc. We are far more rooted in Americanism than the Soviets understand.

Needless to say, the main reason it won't happen is because the average American doesn't want anything to change, and isn't going to actually do anything to change.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Quote(
    Won't happen, because unlike the Soviet empire, we weren't a bunch of independent countries with independent governments, languages, cultures, etc. We are far more rooted in Americanism than the Soviets understand.

Needless to say, the main reason it won't happen is because the average American doesn't want anything to change, and isn't going to actually do anything to change.)Quote

One thing I've learned in old age never say never, while we are not exactly like the Soviets we are becoming a fragmented country over
    300 million pop. with a third foreign born. We continue to raise/import a less patriotic less educated population each year.

Your correct as long as we have it easy no one will fight but even a beagle pushed into a corner will bite and I believe Americans at some point in the future will reach the breaking point with our current path of outsourcing, loss of manufacturing,nation building, greed and lack of morals on Wall Street and government will in time cause our demise from that point all bets are off.

We may still have time to fix the problems however I do not see how that could be achieved with our current election process perhaps term limits would be a great start.

Moezilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2008
    Allen
    I wouldn't be shocked to see this happen. There' already a deep ideological division within this country, whether people want to admit it or not, that is headed towards a breaking point. That breaking point would be the collapse of the economic foundation that holds us together. If the economy were to collapse, it would cause people to turn to their state governments for leadership when they realized the federal leadership has failed. The Feds would try to wrest control from the states to sustain their power, not the country, which would lead to rebellion. It would be a real world SHTF scenario and the scary part is, this is looking more and more like a real scenario that could develop rather than some mental wargaming.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    As mich as I would like to think it possible to wrest control away from the feds, it just isnt a reality at this time. Some great implosion would have to happen to the feds for any chance at it. An economic desaster would not be enough, much like it wasnt enough during the Great Depression. Any such economic disaster would consolidate power even more.

Whetehr we like to accept it or not, we live in a global world. The kind of "disaster" that would enable the states to break free would have HUGE world wide implications. Implications big enough to suggest that the states would be much better off pooling resources as a nation rather than go at it alone.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    One thing I've learned in old age never say never, while we are not exactly like the Soviets we are becoming a fragmented country over
    300 million pop. with a third foreign born. We continue to raise/import a less patriotic less educated population each year.

Sure, it can, and probably will, happen in the future. My argument is that it will not happen in the immediate future.

Now if we have an economic collapse, then we will be accelerated into some sort of civil stress reaction.

With the cost of energy down, we might see a turn around in retail, but unemployment rates are relatively high. The media and it's doom and gloom isn't helping any.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Texas1911 said:
    Sure, it can, and probably will, happen in the future. My argument is that it will not happen in the immediate future.

For sure I agree with that no one is certain on the time element however in my opinion we cannot continue on this path we're on, far too many elements of our society is in decline,morals, poor public education, greed and various other factors are growing to create a perfect storm in our system.

We import more and more poor under educated people while outsourcing jobs,shipping manufacturing to third world countries while building a false economy here via debt,absolutely insane and yet we continue with bail outs. I really hope I'm wrong for my children's sake, but my concerns are great.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom