• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I wish I'd have gone into the military; I hear some great stories.

My reasoning was people needed to get out of their comfort zone, meet their fellow American, be part of something larger than themselves for a small time. Get a better feel for what being an American really means.

How many people have you met that have never left Texas?
    Venture Surplus ad

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ron Paul can be the president of the Republic of Texas.
    Chuck Norris can lead and be in command of the Texas Rangers.

Maybe we could get Ford and or Chrysler to move down here and leave the unions to government motors.

That sounds great to me!

http://www.LarryKilgore.com

TexasIndependence.jpg

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    My reasoning was people needed to get out of their comfort zone, meet their fellow American, be part of something larger than themselves for a small time. Get a better feel for what being an American really means.

How many people have you met that have never left Texas?

AFAIK, not many. Everybody I really know here has been out of the state, many are transplants.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    I was talking to a group of people in the Dallas area, and they did not want to go to an out of state event. They gave the reason as being that it was a 12 hour drive to get there.

So I asked them, would you go if it was in El Paso, which is a 12 hour drive from the Dallas area, and they all said that they would.

Texans have an aversion to leaving Texas.

The rest of the world just ain't like Texas, and we don't like it much!

CJS3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Katy
    I'd rather have Ted Poe as TxPrez. Ron Paul is all talk. The Judge has actually accomplished something in congress.

When I was in the military, I lived up and down the US east coast and used to catch a lot of flak when I mentioned I was from Texas. I usually just smiled and treated the jibes for what they were. Just good natured teasing. Once in a while I'd run in to a real jackoff who was trying to start something. I'd just ask what their state flag looked like. They never knew. Then I'd ask if they knew what the Texas flag looked like. They always knew. I always followed up with "If your state is so great........". That always made them walk away.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    I'd rather have Ted Poe as TxPrez. Ron Paul is all talk. The Judge has actually accomplished something in congress.

When I was in the military, I lived up and down the US east coast and used to catch a lot of flak when I mentioned I was from Texas. I usually just smiled and treated the jibes for what they were. Just good natured teasing. Once in a while I'd run in to a real jackoff who was trying to start something. I'd just ask what their state flag looked like. They never knew. Then I'd ask if they knew what the Texas flag looked like. They always knew. I always followed up with "If your state is so great........". That always made them walk away.

Judge Poe would most likely be a great President for our Republic of Texas! He has certainly made many decisions that any good Texan would agree with!

It is not our fault that much of the world really sucks compared to Texas. If them ignorant ignoramuses lived in a better place, perhaps they might be better behaved.

Top Bottom