• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Oh good god, sugar tits is a bad term? You can literally turn the TV on at any time of the day and hear far worse. Once upon a time this forum used to be fun.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Oh good god, sugar tits is a bad term? You can literally turn the TV on at any time of the day and hear far worse. Once upon a time this forum used to be fun.

Really? Lol. I just don't understand why you need to name call at all to get your point across. Just my opinion. No need to get so worked up.

Techna

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Magnolia, Texas
    "The Dip" Cleaning Method

Is this a thing with 1slow, Tejano? Is that why you find it tiresome? I don't post a whole lot here and don't know the various people who do, but I found the use of "sugar tits" genuinely chuckle inducing. What really got me was that when I first viewed the post (outside of the taptalk app) sugar tits was shown as "sugar $#@!". That forced me to imagine several different words to complete the phrase, but none seemed worthy of censorship. It wasn't until I got a taptalk notification that I saw sugar $#@! completed as sugar TITS and thought; "WELL, OF COURSE!" I got really tickled at that point.

To get back on course, I ran my Spectre II baffles and my brother in law's Octane 9 baffles through two cleaning cycles of his ultrasonic cleaner. We used a Purple Power and water solution. The Octane 9 cleaned up nicely but it had almost no lead on it to begin with. The carbon buildup wasn't heavy either since he rarely shoots his M11 suppressed. My Spectre's baffles seemed to get a little cleaner, but the lead buildup was almost untouched. Granted, this WAS a Harbor Frieght ultrasonic cleaner.... 48 hrs in the dip made the Spectre baffles look like new though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    .... 48 hrs in the dip made the Spectre baffles look like new though.

This was my experience with the 50-50% solution of Hydrogen Peroxide & Distilled White Vinegar. This was also on a Spectre II (has copper baffles). First time, I had shot about 300 rounds of sub-sonic 22LR through a Ruger 22/45 Mark III and so there was a fair amount of lead buildup on the Spectre baffles. As I recall, I think I only let my baffles soak for 24 hours, then rinsed under hot water and they cleaned up nicely - without the need for a lot of "elbow grease." It may be overkill, but when I reassemble my baffles I also treat the connecting area (where they kinda snap together) with a small paint brushed on coating of Anti-Seize lubricante [Permatex or similar].

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BernierF350
    Top Bottom