• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I decided Fry's electronics for my first place. It's not exactly in the best of neighborhoods, but i needed some unique electrical components that radioshack didn't sell.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Since 1978 I have carried be it legal or not.

After being robbed, mugged and shot in Houston I became very situationally aware and carried when I felt there was a need. (Each of those were separate incidents)

I obtained by CHL this year and the 1st place I carried was into Guitar Center.

I have to say I was less aware of the gun than ever before. I guess it was because I was legal.

Ever since Texas passed a CHL I kept telling myself to go and get my licenses and this year I finally did it.

I will say that it takes a lot of stress away carrying legally.

Doug

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Baytown, Texas
    Put on a pair of blue jeans and a t-shirt. Used the holster that came with the XD 4" Service model. Place the pistol in the holster and checked for fit. Wore a short sleeved shirt, tail out and unbuttoned. The wife asked, "Which side are you carrying it", so I figured this is a good thing. We went to Walmart and to eat. Did not feel wierd knowing I had a weapon. The only thing was the temperture was in the 90's and the afore mentioned concealment outfit was a little uncomfortable.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Mine was the local police station.
    Stopped off to do some paperwork on someone cutting my fences.
    Never had to enter the secure area, but let me tell you, you thought you where nervous...

Walk into a police station packing heat.

korandot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Brownsville, TX
    I just got my CHL today!! and I'm waiting for tomorrow to do the Wally Walk haha it feels good already I wonder you can tell people with your eyes as you observe.

There may be a pre-academy walk instead as i need to look for a holster that fits my px4.. at a dressing room of course.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    New Braunfels
    Wally world and academy right after. Probably looked suspicious walking around walmart and not buying anything. Didnt buy anything at academy cause they no got ammo.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    My CHL came in the day we were leaving for the airport to vacation in Virginia. I carried the 2 hours to the airport then locked it in my baggage. Flew to BWI, took the gun out of my bag before getting into the rent car, drove about an hour to my brother in laws house and we stayed there for a week. We hit all the tourist traps and I carried everywhere it was legal all week. Carried all the way back to the airport, put the gun in my bag and flew back to Texas. Once we hit the ground and my bag came down the carosel, I went into the mens room at the airport and put my gun back on and wore it all the way home.

tex45acp

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I went to Target and Chipotle. Felt good to stick it to the liberals, even though they dont know it...

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I went to Target and Chipotle. Felt good to stick it to the liberals, even though they dont know it...

It's like we were seperated at birth...only after Target, I got my burrito fix at Moe's. I used to love me some Moe's. Closed down several years ago, I miss that place...

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    After I got my Plastic, I put on my Glock 27, Glock 19, Keltec P11, Diamondback DB380, AMT Backup .380, NAA Gaurdian 380 inside 1 jacket pocket ...and put my 2 Seecamp .32s in each of two jacket pockets, "just in case" and then ...
    I went to:
    the Bank to make a deposit, get "less cash" for shopping, and just for fun, put some Brach's candies in the Safe Deposit Box, smiled at their sign forbidding everyone without a license to carry on the way in;
    Then i went to:
    Jack in the Box for breakfast
    Walgreens drug store to get my prescription refilled, smiled at their sign forbidding everyone without a license to carry on the way in;
    Then to:
    WalMart to pay my bill and pick up some fishing stuff
    Grocery Store where I just had to stop, SQUAT and read the wine labels of bottles on the bottom shelves, (though I don't drink) and get groceries
    Stopped at the gas station to fill up and went inside to pay, and smiled at their sign forbidding everyone without a license to carry on the way in...
    Then back home to get most of that weight off my body and put up groceries <smile>.

(No, I didn't carry "everything" ... I left the .357 revolver and Taurus PT92 and PT58 at home, couldn't find my ankle holsters. And, I did order a Safepacker for my PT-92 with rail and laser .... it's on backorder, but as soon as it arrives, I'll be better prepared next time I go out of the house....)

Yep, Imma Texan

I was only nervous a bit at the grocery store .... seems like they put everyting I wanted on the TOP shelf, but I was confident i was still concealed after many mirror checks and wardrobe changes at home prior to the plastic arriving. I was dressed pretty much like ... Earl on "My Name is Earl" with a LONG Tee shirt, with another long untucked shirt unbuttoned, topped off with a blue jean jacket.
    (On warmer days I can get by with Guyabarra shirts and cargo shorts, annd still carry 4 or 5 guns)

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    It's like we were seperated at birth...only after Target, I got my burrito fix at Moe's. I used to love me some Moe's. Closed down several years ago, I miss that place...

never been to moes though. I hear qdobas good too, but I've never seen one. So I stick to taco bell on m-f and save chipotle for s-s.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom