• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    A buddy of mine works for a company that does network support for some government stuff. Well since the shutdown happened he's got no work, however... since the company he works for has a contract they are still getting paid, and my buddy is being paid to sit at work and do nothing. He's bored and annoyed at the obvious waste and has been messaging me all day because he has nothing better to do :p

My question is did the IRS shutdown? I won't have any taxes withheld from my paycheck while the government is shut down, right? LMAO
    Guns International

stanjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    South Austin
    CSPAN is claiming we are saving 6.7 Million per day with the shutdown. I like it! Maybe this will be the wake-up call people need to see that life goes on fine (even better, actually) without all the "things provided by government".

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Lol the CNN anchors are falling all over themselves. They're whining about a webcam that is in a panda corral at the zoo lol. They were even saying us spies will switch sides lol.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Uncle Ted has spoken

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380766598.511011.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The news keeps telling me how terrible it is going to be, them says stick around after the break to hear all the horrors to come, then they don't have anything life changing to report.

OH MY GOD, THE PARKS ARE CLOSED!!!! WE CAN'T SEE A PANDA!!!! WHO CARES????

They are making a big deal out of it when it actually has had a very very small, if even noticeable, effect on all but a tiny fraction of a percentage of Americans.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    The news keeps telling me how terrible it is going to be, them says stick around after the break to hear all the horrors to come, then they don't have anything life changing to report.

OH MY GOD, THE PARKS ARE CLOSED!!!! WE CAN'T SEE A PANDA!!!! WHO CARES????

They are making a big deal out of it when it actually has had a very very small, if even noticeable, effect on all but a tiny fraction of a percentage of Americans.
    The media has a job and that is to cover for Obama they do a fine job building up the administration and tearing down conservatives, truth is never part of the media agenda.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Non-essential. Think about the meaning of the word. Think about the future savings. It was reported Harry Reid now has to push his own elevator buttons since the shutdown. I can see why he might be so incensed.

CitizenSeven

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Dallas
    It's only the 47% who might be affected, although so much is tagged "essential" even that is minimal. The best way to bring a budget in line is to stop spending on unneeded things. Unfortunately, it's been a major industry for the better part of a century to promote almost any government activity as critical.

I think what the USFG is really worried about and why the media is ablaze with the "impact" is that in most people's day-to-day lives the shutdown has no effect. So if we can weather this storm of reduced activity for a few days, why can't we do it indefinitely? OMG, the federal government will be reduced by some small percentage, it's anarchy! Like the reaction to sequestration: reduce spending by ~2% and certain special interests acted like it was a sign of the apocalypse.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Non-essential. Think about the meaning of the word. Think about the future savings. It was reported Harry Reid now has to push his own elevator buttons since the shutdown. I can see why he might be so incensed.

I'm still embarrassed that the low information voters in my state (Nevada) continue to reelect this senile, demented, Alzheimer's infected piece of crap. I also blame the conservative voters who don't bother voting using the "My vote won't count" excuse to sit on their asses doing nothing.

As for the goobermint shutdown, I have several friends who work for a government contractor (my former and last job before retiring) and they're not at work. Transportation is shut down and no one is going uprange .... except upper management personnel. They're there because it's their job to be available to tell the crews when (or if) they have to go to the terminal to get to work or not.

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary in what I do every day, so the shutdown isn't bothering/affecting me in the slightest....other than the glut of ranting and raving about those "evil Repuglicans who caused the shutdown" in the libiturd media shows.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    It's only the 47% who might be affected, although so much is tagged "essential" even that is minimal. The best way to bring a budget in line is to stop spending on unneeded things. Unfortunately, it's been a major industry for the better part of a century to promote almost any government activity as critical.

I think what the USFG is really worried about and why the media is ablaze with the "impact" is that in most people's day-to-day lives the shutdown has no effect. So if we can weather this storm of reduced activity for a few days, why can't we do it indefinitely? OMG, the federal government will be reduced by some small percentage, it's anarchy! Like the reaction to sequestration: reduce spending by ~2% and certain special interests acted like it was a sign of the apocalypse.

Good point.

stanjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    South Austin
    I believe Harry Reid should be classified as "non-essential".

stanjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    South Austin
    Where'd you see that? All I hear and read is how the shutdown is costing money. That doesn't make a lick of sense, but hey... its the federal gov.
    Any "cost" the government claims should be viewed as "saving" for the average person. Money NOT spent by Fed goons. They also call forced/coerced taxation "revenue".

Top Bottom