Gun Zone Deals

The Government is "Shut Down" and My Life Is...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    billyb4u64.

I find it to be "interesting" that the SAME Congressional DIMocRAT "leaders" who claim that "walls don't work" & "guns are unnecessary", do so while their homes HAVE WALLS & they all employ ARMED BODYGUARDS.

HYPOCRITE, thy name is DIMocRAT LIAR.

yours, satx

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Media is all about haw bad shutting down the Gov. Actually the 'wall' is about who runs the Gov., liberals or MAGA. Their argument costs us peons $$ either way. Basically, Congress cares only about themselves.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I worked for the federal government, in one form or another, in DC from 1998 to 2015. Plenty of shutdowns and other than costing DOD plenty on the tail end with increased cost due to slowdowns in R&D or Production, I can't think of anything major that happened. I will say the Obama weaponized the budget process by sending budgets to Congress that had no hope of seeing the light of day. Then Pelosi and Reid would taught us (DOD) with required program briefings on "what ifs" for different levels of funding. I'll say outright I'm a Constitutional conservative and I can't believe how the Dimwits and Mainstream Media, and occasionally Fox, would blame the Republicans.

Now, with Trump, like him or not, he's doing what he says and he isn't going to let the Dimwits get away with another year of blackmail. Can you believe that each year the Legislative Branch (Congress) and the Judicial Branch (Supreme Court and Federal Court system) get a full budget passed without fail. But the Executive Branch gets screwed. I'm not sure how many care or even contemplate what an "Omnibus" funding bill does to organizations, like DHS, DOD, BLM et al. It's murder on the employees and programs. Nothing new get started. They all have to go back and get Congress to approve new programs or replacement programs that were in the original budget request, but with an Omnibus continuing funding they have to get in line and wait for the committees to hear they and approve.

I think the Dimwits like Schumer and Pelosi, along with many of their followers ought to move to Venezuela where they will fit in just nicely. Government run health care, government controlled economy (where have we heard that before), no guns in private citizens possession and no borders. At least for those fleeing the country.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just mad as hell that as a retiree and a resident to Texas I see folks running around saying how great Beto is and we need to be more like California or Maryland. They should be move there and let Texas be.

Chris

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Yes, DoD funding is hard enough already. Work on a project for a day or so then boss says change to another, spent that money allocated for the week. Try bouncing between 5 projects a day, no continuity.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Sun's fusing hydrogen brilliantly.
    Van Morrison is streaming on the Sonos.
    Dog's chasing the new Frisbee he got as an early xmas present.
    Truck started up just fine, rifle ready inside.
    My retirement account...well...never-mind that.

Life is good. Still.

I was even able to fill up the ole diesel wagon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

billyb4u64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2017
    I worked for the federal government, in one form or another, in DC from 1998 to 2015. Plenty of shutdowns and other than costing DOD plenty on the tail end with increased cost due to slowdowns in R&D or Production, I can't think of anything major that happened. I will say the Obama weaponized the budget process by sending budgets to Congress that had no hope of seeing the light of day. Then Pelosi and Reid would taught us (DOD) with required program briefings on "what ifs" for different levels of funding. I'll say outright I'm a Constitutional conservative and I can't believe how the Dimwits and Mainstream Media, and occasionally Fox, would blame the Republicans.

Now, with Trump, like him or not, he's doing what he says and he isn't going to let the Dimwits get away with another year of blackmail. Can you believe that each year the Legislative Branch (Congress) and the Judicial Branch (Supreme Court and Federal Court system) get a full budget passed without fail. But the Executive Branch gets screwed. I'm not sure how many care or even contemplate what an "Omnibus" funding bill does to organizations, like DHS, DOD, BLM et al. It's murder on the employees and programs. Nothing new get started. They all have to go back and get Congress to approve new programs or replacement programs that were in the original budget request, but with an Omnibus continuing funding they have to get in line and wait for the committees to hear they and approve.

I think the Dimwits like Schumer and Pelosi, along with many of their followers ought to move to Venezuela where they will fit in just nicely. Government run health care, government controlled economy (where have we heard that before), no guns in private citizens possession and no borders. At least for those fleeing the country.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just mad as hell that as a retiree and a resident to Texas I see folks running around saying how great Beto is and we need to be more like California or Maryland. They should be move there and let Texas be.

Chris
    Lots moved from there & they all miss the handouts !!

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    billyb4u64,

If I was a transport from KOMMIEFORNIA or any other FAR LEFT bastion, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for those "give aways" here in the lifetime of any living Texan. = Such people will turn BLUE from O2 deprivation first.

yours, satx

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom