Guns International

The Government is "Shut Down" and My Life Is...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    zincwarrior,

As far as have so far been reported, those sort of persons are GS-schedule employees & are NOT furloughed, W/O pay.

Do you have evidence to the contrary??

yours, satx
    National parks are closed. Guess what, if you guys get your dream and the fed government stays closed:

No border guards. No passports no international travel.

No payments for government contracts. That means Northrup, Grumman, Boeing goes out of business.

No weather reports. No flights.

No farm subsidies.

No Medicare. No social security.

No NASA.

No military.

So keep derpy derping.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    National parks are closed. Guess what, if you guys get your dream and the fed government stays closed:

No payments for government contracts. That means Northrup, Grumman, Boeing goes out of business.

No farm subsidies.

No NASA.

No military.

So keep derpy derping.

You're just scared because you are afraid you're going to have to finally eat your dogs. Man up Hot Dog!! It's Thunderdome!!!!!

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States

No farm subsidies.

No NASA.

No military.

So keep derpy derping.

not true.. Medicare and social security are still getting paid... I.e. the money is still being added to the almost 22 trillion dollar debt.

Flights are still going... air traffic controllers are considered essential personnel and still report to work.

Military is mandatory spending.. automatically gets paid whether a budget is made or not.

Keep derping.. You have no idea how the federal budget works.... The amount of money they are bitching about is the 8% of the federal budget that is considered discretionary spending.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    not true.. Medicare and social security are still getting paid... I.e. the money is still being added to the almost 22 trillion dollar debt.

Flights are still going... air traffic controllers are considered essential personnel and still report to work.

Military is mandatory spending.. automatically gets paid whether a budget is made or not.

Keep derping.. You have no idea how the federal budget works.... The amount of money they are bitching about is the 8% of the federal budget that is considered discretionary spending.

Well, Bless ZWs heart. If you hadn’t quoted I would not have seen it.

And your assessment of his knowledge on the federal budget process is pretty accurate.

There are 3 types of fed spending. Mandatory, Discretionary, and Interest Payments.

Here’s a good high-level chart, though it’s a little dated and I’m not sure what math they got to the % as it’s not accurate to that year’s particular approved budget.

deae511739be8cf29d4f88e8ca3818c4.jpg

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

No farm subsidies.

No NASA.

No military.

So keep derpy derping.

zincwarrior,

May I gently suggest that you STOP listening to the Trump-HATERS, LEFTIST MORONS, knowingly FAKE NEWS "providers", DIMocRAT extremists & other spewers of FICTION & learn the FACTS??

yours, satx

Last edited:

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Well, Bless ZWs heart. If you hadn’t quoted I would not have seen it.

And your assessment of his knowledge on the federal budget process is pretty accurate.

There are 3 types of fed spending. Mandatory, Discretionary, and Interest Payments.

Here’s a good high-level chart, though it’s a little dated and I’m not sure what math they got to the % as it’s not accurate to that year’s particular approved budget.

View attachment 157763

This is the most current chart that I'm aware of that the CBO has put out. Notice the budget is 4.14 TRILLION dollars.

2018-Budget-Pie-Chart-768x697.png

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I want 'The Wall' and hope the leftist's open border elitist attitudes, that are quite bogus as what they really want is lots of low cost labor even though crime explodes because of them, plus drives down blue collar U.S. citizen wages.

Elitist lefties like nancy pelosi and her ilk are rarely touched by crime as they're quite insulated from it given their massive security..... while the balance of U.S. citizens suffers because of them and disease also comes with these invaders from hell. Not to mention massive litter as they don't respect even that consideration of society......They trash up their own country so why not here?

Ever been in a 3rd world country? I have and generally they're awful beyond anything you could imagine if you've not been, but hey they work cheap....hey julio you missed a spot of grass and maria you have to take care of the kids all day every day.....and you chicken butchers get back to work, quit slacking. No, you don't need a doctor, just apply pressure to that cut. After all you get $2.50 an hour.....

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I have been to messyco, worked in Nigeria,Ghana and Iraq, have been to the Philippines many times. Yes they come here and trash our country the way they did theirs. BUILD THE WALL.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Only in

Only in the short term.

Meanwhile the stock market dropped another 600 points at point of writing.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mowingmaniac24/7; 1911s'4me; All,

I was stationed in several "not so wonderful places" OCONUS, where the poor would happily take any sort of work for 75 cents an hour. - One place where I spent some few months has a YEARLY income of less than 300.ooUSD per adult.

Further, MOST of the so-called "migrants" of the several caravans (that ODUMBO, the main-SLIME media, the DIMocRATS & the MORON LEFT claimed would NEVER get here) want nothing more than to be IN the USA & expect to get LOTS of free stuff for "just showing up" & illegally crossing the border.
    (My GUESS is that there is at least a BILLION people in the 3rd World who would like to come to the USA to stay, as their home nation is horrid mess. = SORRY but we simply cannot afford to accept huge numbers of desperately poor, uneducated, often diseased, unskilled foreigners, who want to come to the USA to get "free stuff".)

My advice to President Trump: STAY STRONG & await the hateful DIMocRATS to "cave in" & finally vote to pay for the border wall.

just my OPINIONS, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Only in

Only in the short term.

zincwarrior,

The SMART MONEY regards the "up & down" stock market as a MAJOR MONEY-MAKING opportunity. - Imo, you should consider buying for the long-term, if you have spare cash laying about & QUIT listening to the FOOLISHNESS of th e"main-SLIME media", where EVERYTHING is a "huge scandal" and/or a "major crisis". = The sky is NOT falling, Henny Penny.
    (One of my old boarding school chums, who is now a Wall Street "power", says that unless you have a LARGE pile of cash to "play the market with" to buy GOOD stocks & plan to KEEP them for a long time.)

yours, satx

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Only in

Only in the short term.

That's because the Fed made a con-call on Sunday asking the liquidity of CEOs companies and then made it public (which is almost unheard of for a sitting Fed Chairman to do.) For some reason Jerome Powell has raised interest rates 3 times when there has been no indication to do so. It's almost like they're purposely tanking the market.

Top Bottom