• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    That's why I said that they would not go straight up against the second amendment, but might do something like taxes on guns and ammo to accomplish some of what they want.

And no question they will go after other "control" issues and won't be able to be stopped if they control all 3 branches.

So, I'm not disagreeing with you.
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to be combative.

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    So, does anyone really think the debate changed anyone's mind? Of course not, the Left will not listen to any reality and there is no way a conservative will give any credence to Biden's teleprompter dialogue. It really changes nothing other than giving the MSM more talking points for their lies

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    You can definitely bet we are going to be SCREWED if the Demorats win.
    You can kiss our Constitution goodbye.
    The 2nd Amendment will be the first right to go.
    After that, the 1st Amendment.
    When they go, the rest will crumble.

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

And this is why we need to make sure ACB is confirmed to the Supreme Court. With it 6 to 3 they will have a hell of a time destroying the constitution. Lets just hope it holds out till A Republican or Other gets back into the big chair.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So, does anyone really think the debate changed anyone's mind? Of course not, the Left will not listen to any reality and there is no way a conservative will give any credence to Biden's teleprompter dialogue. It really changes nothing other than giving the MSM more talking points for their lies

Debates aren’t meant to change minds, their meant for the very few million undecided voters to get a look at each offering. Most of them don’t care about the issues per se, but there may be a few golden nuggets that influence them one way or another.

I think last night the undecideds were annoyed and influenced to sit this one out, so we’ll have to see if that can be changed.

To a degree, Joe alienated both sides of the Ds at various points, which also may contribute to some additional voter apathy, which I’m beginning to sense may become the deciding factor.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    And this is why we need to make sure ACB is confirmed to the Supreme Court. With it 6 to 3 they will have a hell of a time destroying the constitution. Lets just hope it holds out till A Republican or Other gets back into the big chair.

Did you pay attention to Biden’s answer when they asked if he would stack the court?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Did anyone else notice how Biden would turn just a bit, and then talk as if he was talking the the audience, instead of Trump, or Wallace?

Quite a few times he did that. It was if he was pleading with us, the voters to consider him for president.

He was speaking to the camera, no?
    Trying to seem more genuine.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun

It may seem that way to folks that stay up on politics. But there is a vast number of people that don't regularly follow, and these "undecideds" are the people that debates are intended to reach. IMO, Trump's demeanor will be a turn off to the avg independent voter.

However, this morn I heard Rush report that the Latinos polled think Trump won by 66% to Biden 34%... that is encouraging.

Did anyone else notice how Biden would turn just a bit, and then talk as if he was talking the the audience, instead of Trump, or Wallace?

Quite a few times he did that. It was if he was pleading with us, the voters to consider him for president.

I think that was coached into him during debate prep. It was said recently that is what made Reagan a successful debater... appeals directly to the people. Joe's were not natural... an obvious tactical move repeated by him so many times (during this first debate).

Last edited:

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Well the Supreme Court really has nothing to do with "destroying the Constitution." They don't vote on changes to it or have any input into any proposed changes. They have nothing to do with that.

She can be confirmed, (and will be confirmed), and if we lose the POTUS and majority in the Senate, the Supreme Court can do nothing about anything they pass except rule if it is against the Constitution. There are many, many things that can be done that don't require approval of the SCOTUS. Like, taxing ammunition, packing the supreme court, changing rules about filibuster in the Senate.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    So you think they are flipping 16 senate seats ?

It takes 60 senators to change the number of Justices

Unless they can finagle a rules change some way.
    It only requires a majority (or 50 if they have the VP) to change Senate rules. So, they change that first. So they really don't need 60 to pack the court. And you can bet they will do that.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    He wasn't dodging it at all. He flat out stated that he was not going to answer that question because he didn't want it to become an issue.

He dodged the question Gambler. He was asked a direct question.

Answering the question would have been answered such as, "NO, I will not pack the courts with judges." or, "Yes, we will pack the courts to get a majority."

So no, Biden didn't answer the question. He deflected the question, by giving the answer he did.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I really hate to play Captain Obvious, but what is the purpose of this thread when we already have one that was started last night on the same subject?

Kermit.png

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    It only requires a majority (or 50 if they have the VP) to change Senate rules. So, they change that first. So they really don't need 60 to pack the court. And you can bet they will do that.

The nuclear option is not available for a vote on that hence why I said they need 16 to flip or change the rules again.

Top Bottom