• ...and so much more!
  • gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Schiff and Nadler really thought they had the proof that would get Trump unseated. Pelosi wanted to think she would get bi-partisan support, but that never happened.

But she was already committed to the impeachment. I think she was hoping Schiff and Nadler actually had the proof to get Trump impeached. Didn't happen, because Schiff and Nadler had nothing!
    Let's see now....Schiff and Nadler had nothing and everyone in the world knew it except the speaker of the house of representatives. She had not looked at what they had before she initiated impeachment proceedings ? You don't relieve believe that do you ? They knew that had nothing, she knew they had nothing and we all knew they had nothing. And even if they did, short of murder the senate was not going to convict him.
    Gun Zone Deals

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Lead paragraph from the second article you posted...

The outcome of the Senate “trial” of impeached president Donald Trump was known from the start, but the whole charade was still yet another shock to the US democratic system. Not the expected “acquittal”, but the refusal to hear witnesses, the autocratic argumentation used by his lawyers (in short, whatever the Great Leader deems in His interest, is in the country’s interest), the speed of the “trial”, and particularly the “he did it, but we don’t care” arguments from Republican members of Congress.

From this article...https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/06/life-after-impeachment-where-do-the-democrats-go-from-here

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Doug, I'm going to disengage myself from this thread. It's not a discussion, but one person wanting to rant. He started the thread, so he can enjoy it without my further participation.

All one has to do is look at the opening post as to what way he decided in going with this thread. Several times I offered counter evidence to his posts, but I'm thinking he wants to rant and argue, not have a discussion.

Y'all enjoy.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Doug, I'm going to disengage myself from this thread. It's not a discussion, but one person wanting to rant. He started the thread, so he can enjoy it without my further participation.

All one has to do is look at the opening post as to what way he decided in going with this thread. Several times I offered counter evidence to his posts, but I'm thinking he wants to rant and argue, not have a discussion.

Y'all enjoy.
    Thanks for stopping by and adding to the discussion.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I didn't know this thread was about the last impeachment.

IIRC the inquiry was started w/o any consultation with the rest of the house, and therefore no approval. IIRC the Schiff show repeatedly claimed they had the goods. That said, they could only hope they could get one or two more R's in the Senate to flip. I can't say they knew it wouldn't happen, because they sure tried hard.

Nevertheless, IMO the whole impeachment process took out any chance of Trump getting a number of his legislative items passed. And allowed us to be unprepared for Covid, esp after O'bummer's failure to replace the PPE they used up in the flu battle(s).

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    I didn't know this thread was about the last impeachment.

IIRC the inquiry was started w/o any consultation with the rest of the house, and therefore no approval. IIRC the Schiff show repeatedly claimed they had the goods. That said, they could only hope they could get one or two more R's in the Senate to flip. I can't say they knew it wouldn't happen, because they sure tried hard.

Nevertheless, IMO the whole impeachment process took out any chance of Trump getting a number of his legislative items passed. And allowed us to be unprepared for Covid, esp after O'bummer's failure to replace the PPE they used up in the flu battle(s).
    It wasn't until the topic was hijacked.

Do you really think had the impeachment circus not occurred that would have made any difference in our readiness for the Chinese virus ? I don't know that I ever heard or saw any discussion about the need to replace PPE used in the prior flu issue. I don't think they would have spend a dime to replenish or increase that equipment and supplies.

And I don't think Trump was going to get much done legislatively either because he was never going to get the house of reps to approve anything he wanted either.

It will be exactly the same way after the election, unless the dems win the POTUS and the senate majority. If that happens, we're screwed !

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I'm guessing the 2nd amendment issue will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. When you give that up, you pretty much have surrendered everything else and I think that will be the turning point.

I would not think they would go after the 2nd amendment strait up but try other things like taxes on guns and ammunition maybe. I don't think there is anyway they could actually pull off any change to the Constitution at all. Takes like 2/3 majority of both houses and approve by a huge number of states. Never going to happen with the 2nd amendment.

They won't have to do anything about the 2A.

They will just pass legislation outlawing semiautos, massive taxing on firearms and ammo, require registration, etc. etc.

They can completely gut the 2A without repealing it. Some areas of the country have already done so.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    They won't have to do anything about the 2A.

They will just pass legislation outlawing semiautos, massive taxing on firearms and ammo, require registration, etc. etc.

They can completely gut the 2A without repealing it. Some areas of the country have already done so.
    For example.................. Mexico has a RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS in their constitution. BUT...............................
    There is only one gun store in the country. (and many restrictions)
    But the right is still there?

ElevenBravo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    There was almost zero substance I agree. Two things that stick out to me as far as possible "substance" might be, first, Biden won't say whether he supports packing the court or the nuclear option in the senate, and second, Biden thinks antifa is only an "idea"

Those two things alone disqualify him in my opinion. And there are lots of others that did not even come up.

Trump's own FBI Director said last week that antifa was only an dea...

Top Bottom