• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Received the grill last week (I went with the broil king). Open the box today to do a test fit in the opening and to verify all my measurements. I really like the way it looks and I do like the broil king grill.
    87B0430C-E03D-4CB6-8CC5-3F87ED97BFF5.jpeg

That’s the good news, the bad news is when I went to install the lid on the grill I discovered it was damaged in shipping so the whole unit has to go back to Home Depot and I need to order another grill

:(

38727338-F116-47BA-AC75-BDBB9F8BCA84.jpeg
    352340B5-819E-47D6-80C0-55C80987B67A.jpeg

I think I may get it shipped to the store this time, maybe they’ll be a little more gentle with it.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    That set-up is awesome. Looking great! I'd sure recommend, though, to WAY over-buy your grill. That's a buy once, cry once expense for sure. You're running straight up Natty gas to it correct?

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    That set-up is awesome. Looking great! I'd sure recommend, though, to WAY over-buy your grill. That's a buy once, cry once expense for sure. You're running straight up Natty gas to it correct?
    We are on propane here, so it is 20# bottles for it.

From what I’ve seen with online reviews, broil kings grills are very popular and well liked. Some of the nicer features are the stainless steel grates and warming decks, so you never have to worry about them rusting out.

The grill was not cheap, but buy once cry once. (Not counting the return and repurchase I have to do)

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Well, son of a bitch. Got a text from Home Depot that my grill came in today. Went down to the store and when they rolled it out, the box is laying on its side when it’s clearly marked the other side up. I went ahead and open the box right there in the store and found the grill and lid to have been damaged in shipping also.

So had them do a return right there and ordered a third grill. Probably be another week till the next ones in. We are definitely opening it up in the store again. I am not done with the counter for the mounting yet so I will keep ordering grills until they get me one that’s perfect.

On the good side, at least this grill was not damaged as badly as the first one…
    :laughing:

Photo is of the lid of the grill when I open the box you can see the crack clearly and there’s another one on the other side.
    5BFAF90A-B5DB-43B4-9243-849457C5CB88.jpeg

B6BB3710-1E2A-4DA2-949B-F093F881D955.jpeg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Well, son of a bitch. Got a text from Home Depot that my grill came in today. Went down to the store and when they rolled it out, the box is laying on its side when it’s clearly marked the other side up.…
    The key to happiness is purchasing an already assembled floor model that you inspect before paying for.

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Eighth time is the charm.

You're not worried about the grill exterior getting hot enough to affect the framing in its little cubby? It's probably a minor thing but I tend to look at stuff like that and consider worst case scenarios.
    I will just keep re-ordering the grill until they get it right. Hopefully it does not take eight times…

I look at the same things, and try to plan accordingly.
    Fire safety is not a minor thing at all. I had downloaded the installation instructions for this grill and fabricated the area where it mounts per their directions. It will have a non-combustible countertop that it mounts into and that was also the purpose of the metal 2 x 4 framing underneath. Since this grill is designed to be mounted instead of freestanding it has additional built-in heat shields so that the heat goes up not down or to the sides.

I was worried about the heat also that’s why I download it there man. Just to be on the safe side.

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    View attachment 381280
    If you don't put in those missing lag screws, I'm gonna go crazy.
    I know, it’s one more thing on the to do list. The screws are actually there the heads of them broke off when I was tightening them down. There are also some screws coming in from the backside you cannot see in the picture but I definitely have to figure a way to camouflage those lag bolts.

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Got the sink cut in and all kitchen plumbing run, both supply and drain. Added an outside hose bib, and plumbed out for a water heater if we ever decide to add one out for the kitchen area. All of the lines slope back to the winter drain valve for winterizing.
    06CF9A1C-0D4D-4A43-9E91-9D6410CA7D61.jpeg

Finished up the bathroom sink plumbing. Getting the winter drain lines hooked together was a pita. The first bathroom faucet for the sink leaked like a sieve, had to get a replacement. The new one is hooked up, no leaks on supply or drain.
    96C4709E-E51E-4E48-A322-C817F9C7466E.jpeg

Finally got around to finish the dressing on the support column.
    2F396D41-8078-441B-8ADD-A263435F614D.jpeg

We had a real heavy rain storm with a lot of wind last week. It ended up blowing in through the north opening on the Grillzebo and making a mess inside. I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with this opening to make it weatherproof but convenient open and use. I finally found the solution. These are windows installed on food service trucks. Ordered two of these last week 36” high x 60” wide (each)
    (I know this picture shows a 53“ x 33“ window but you get the idea)
    5C5A285A-B581-4B10-903D-934A39BF863E.png

Started to modify the framing on the north opening to accommodate the 2 windows. This meant I had to cut out one of my support braces. The only issue with these windows is the mounting flange is only 1/2 inch wide all the way around, So I have to get my measurements right the first time.
    99638370-266D-45A4-9E45-84A87634FCF6.jpeg
    6B3C239F-8871-4E7C-9AAF-16B98F496606.jpeg

It would’ve been so much easier to frame this all out ahead of time, but sometimes you don’t know what you don’t know, when you need to know it.

Top Bottom