• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Siarsenal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Well folks ya'll have been patinent we hope the videos are getting better here is the 380 in Our Hi point series

Military Camp

Last edited:

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Trying to figure out why you would buy a Hi-Point in .380 ACP instead of 9mm. The 9mm is a "compact" for them, doesn't look that much bigger, and is probably just as "concealable". Not that I would try to CC a Hi-Point.

What you get is a less powerful round that is also more expensive to purchase and generally harder to find.

Is the recoil that much lighter? Not trying to be difficult here, just trying to understand why anyone would choose a Hi-Point 380.

Siarsenal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Trying to figure out why you would buy a Hi-Point in .380 ACP instead of 9mm. The 9mm is a "compact" for them, doesn't look that much bigger, and is probably just as "concealable". Not that I would try to CC a Hi-Point.

What you get is a less powerful round that is also more expensive to purchase and generally harder to find.

Is the recoil that much lighter? Not trying to be difficult here, just trying to understand why anyone would choose a Hi-Point 380.

Hey Crazed,
    Didn't buy the 380 it was a loaner I own a C9 and the 45ACP, for myself I agree with you

Last edited:

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Yeah, I saw it was a loaner and it was an interesting video. Was just curious if you maybe saw the point of having one. I have some nice guns but considering getting a Hi-Point in .40 S&W just to try one out.

Siarsenal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Yeah, I saw it was a loaner and it was an interesting video. Was just curious if you maybe saw the point of having one. I have some nice guns but considering getting a Hi-Point in .40 S&W just to try one out.

CrazedJava,
    For myself I wouldn't be interested in the 380 I do own a C9 and the 45 ACP we are getting ready to release a video on the 40 S&W by Hi-Point, And to be honest I prefer my 45 ACP. And if you subscribe to our youtube channel you will know when it comes out (hint hint) LOL!!! when choosing the weapon I would price ammo, the availibility of that caliber ammo and price of weapon,The advantage to the 40 S&W is it has a farther range but the 45 has better close range stopping power. I apperciate your comments and dialouge. But really either way it is hard to beat a 100% no questions asked warranty!!! (just Saying)

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    .40 S&W Interests me because I don't have a firearm that shoots it. I could use the Hi-Point as a trunk gun where I don't care if it gets a little banged up. Plus I just want to try them since they are so polarizing. I'm pretty happy with my IWI Jericho in .45 ACP and I'm betting it's better than a Hi-Point.

It's ironic that I've shot plenty of the high-end stuff (SIG, FN) plenty in the middle, but not much on the low end.

Top Bottom