• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Then lets talk dollarizing the oil market and national security.

What is wrong with cutting this alleged under the table deal that had all these Arab countries selling oil for the US dollar?

Why not create a strong demand for your currency?

What is wrong with helping in the national security of oil rich middle eastern countries? When your domestic oil production is tapering off (leading to a collapse 10-15 years later)?

Why is insuring the relative free flow of oil at market prices not a valid policy in regards to our national self interest?

Why isn't a nation, who's promised to wipe off the face of the earth, the only democracy in the Middle East and one of our strongest allies, a nation who's been developing nuclear weapons, not an area of great concern for us?
    Lynx Defense

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Anyway I don't expect a decent answer each one of Those topics merit books worth of discussion.

Just use your head, do some actual research, instead of getting sucked into these wild cockamamie theories with nuggets of half truths that fail to thoroughly explore the actual implementation of their ideology...

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    You're right, that a lot of this is tough, technical stuff and I may fall short in some areas. I am not a know it all in this subject, but I'm also not a new to it. What you've brought up would be a good discussion, if that was the aspect in question. I may be misunderstanding you, but it seems you want to talk about what has already occurred. "What is wrong with cutting this alleged under the table deal that had all these Arab countries selling oil for the US dollar?" I'm really not sure I could argue for, or against it, as a concept. What I can offer, is that I think the way we MAY be going about keeping our hold on it, is a really negative and counterproductive way. BUT, in order to argue this, we would have to be on the same page to begin with. You think this stuff is wacko caca... something or other stuff. I don't. Agree or not, there is information out there that supports the implications in the video. The thing is, it's no big secret or conspiracy, and is being openly discussed by politicians, doctor, and other community leaders. In conclusion, it is not wacko conspiracy stuff. That is evident if YOU do research.

I respect that you tell me to use my head, think and do research and not get sucked into things that may not be true. I really do. I thank you for that kind gesture. But it falls short to the fact that I am NO EASILY FOOLED, read one time and believe it type of person. Researching things is actually a bit of a hobby, short of an obsession to me and I do as much as possible on my free time. I lose sleep to research. That's not to say that I have, more than you, and therefore "I'm right". My point is, I may not be a great teacher in certain things I happen to know a lot about. I may not be a very technical person and sometimes may not be able to recall things that would keep me from looking stupid in a debate. But when I research, I research both perspectives of a subject and I research it to the extent that I exhaust all avenues for new information. Then, I go over this information until I am able to come to my own conclusion. Anyone who is like I am, SHOULD be able to, if not come to the same conclusion, at least, be able to identify that it is not easily dismissed, let alone caca mayonnaise or whatever that term was.

As to these questions you offered. They are answered in the video and the reoccurring theme is that it is immorally wrong, for different reasons. I hope I got my point across, well.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I may have been a bit abrasive. But IMO and this is simply my reaction to this video. Sweeping alway all secondary flaws enumerated by my questions.

To boil it all down, what really pushes my button is the idea that America is the root cause of evil around the world. Every "evil" (in their eyes) described was a fault of the United States. From Breton Woods failing to starving children in Iraq.

I could accept this from a liberal. But the what twists the knife IMO is that the people who made this video, are probably Ron Paulites... Who claim they're constitutionalists then turn around and parrot the same foreign affairs diatribe as the people who are actively working to undermine this country...

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I completely understand that point of view and think it's idiotic to think the United States is the prime evil of the world. Although I love my country, it is inescapable to deny that our Government has gotten us into things that have adversely effected citizens in other countries. My point is, that there is a medium.

What is your problem with Ron Paul? Although I pay attention to politics, I try to stay away from claiming a party, as I think both are at fault for some pretty bad stuff, but I don't see why some discredit him. I can't find any other politician that has been so right about the future of our economy, and has been so against the things that helped to ruin it. If you go back and read, or watch videos of what he has to say about things considering economics, you will find that he always calls it before it happens. Not that he's a profit, but he's an expert and is courageous enough to speak against things that other politicians either don't have the balls too, or are profiting to keep their mouths shut. I personally like Ron Paul more than most, but hope Cruz runs in 2016. Still won't call myself a republican. When people say I am, I usually just respond that I am conservative.

I understand what you're saying about accepting it from a liberal. When I engage in conversation with people, who are just starting to pay attention to important affairs, concerning things like this video, I tell them it is hard to repeat some of this stuff, without crossing into liberal ideals. It is, but just because it is, doesn't mean one should deny the truth and it's implications. As stated above, there is a medium.

I think that's the problem with a lot of people in our country. EXTREMISM. Either some protest in ways that makes their cause look crazy, or they are flat out apathetic. Either they say our country is EVIL to the bone, or they completely refuse to educate themselves about things that do make us look pretty bad. Either they obey a tyrannical officers demands and allow their rights to be violated, or they fight ALL cops and think every single one is that way. It is extremely hard to find a balance between all of these things, and more, and I feel that is one of the biggest reasons people choose to sit on the sideline and go about their day as though none of this concerns them.

There are facts in this video, like it, or not. It's not all crazy nut job stuff. In fact it really isn't at all. Maybe it's not as EXTREME as the guy in the video makes it out to be, but it's certainly a subject that is cause for concern and should make people wake up to the fact that our nation IS becoming an imperialistic country that is negatively effecting, not only people of other nations, but US (it's own citizens) as well.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Who claim they're constitutionalists then turn around and parrot the same foreign affairs diatribe as the people who are actively working to undermine this country...

This spells out exactly what drives me up a tree about Ron Paulites. (Note Ron Paulites, not Ron Paul)

As for Mr. Paul. Being from Houston in the height of his prominence. My problem with him politically is simple, foreign policy. IMO His basic argument is that WE've abandoned our constitutional responsibilities and imposed a borderline imperial foreign policy on other countries as because of this other counties are acting out. If we'd leave em alone they'd leave us alone. It's isolationism.

With the advent of nuclear/biological and chemical weapons. We can no longer afford to be isolationist, as a country...

Secondly I don't believe freedom means freedom to be a hedonistic sodomite slaughterer of babies... Just don't think when our founders wrote the constitution that they were writing this intending it to be used to allow woman to kill their babies or people to force acceptance of more deviant social behaviors.

As for republican vs democrat, I believe the fastest way for my political views to be represented on a wife spread level in politics would be to reform the Republican Party. Vs a third party. Hence I vote republican.

As for the video, it is crazy nut job, anyone who blaims America for people who died under Sadaam's regime is a nut job... like I described earlier "wild cockamamie theories with nuggets of half truths".

This argument particular goads me. Every "educated" communist I've ever spoken with will blame the failed economy of their particular commie county of interest on the embargo by the "free world". IE the United States. And here you have a Ron Paulite based video doing the same thing...

Communism and our constitiution are fundimentally and ideologically the exact opposite. Anyone starting at those ideological points who reach the same conclusion need to examine their conclusion and throw it out...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom