Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    They sought it with thimbles, they sought it with care;
    They pursued it with forks and hope;
    They threatened its life with a railway-share;
    They charmed it with smiles and soap.​

Some time ago I decided it was time to move into a MODERN 22LR. I still have my old JC Higgins 42 (Marlin 80) and my Savage Springfield 187 Click/Clack so it was not a crisis. I also still had plenty of ammo so even that was okay. So went to local LGS and told them to order me a Marlin 60.

That was over four (maybe even more now) months ago. They said initially the 60s were on back order and it would likely be a week or two before they got it in. But I'm not in a big hurry so I said that would be fine.

Then stuff happened.

I have only been to a range about three or maybe four times since then.

How ever there was this Ruger 10/22 Takedown that had been a display gun that followed me home and then there was this little Rossi RB22 bolt action mag fed that came to visit but then stayed. Neither is as accurate as either of my more experienced 22s but they are lighter and shorter and cuter. Of the two the Rossi really appeals to me more than the Ruger. It's really light and just fits and simply works; very much an old school with new sneakers experience. And at just slightly over $100.00 tag, tax and title out de door, 'cross de curb, seems almost reasonable in price. I was surprised how well the two color (green rear red front) hooded sight worked. Even for my old eyes it was easy acquisition. The magazine release is kind funky but similar to the JC Higgins so I can get to like it.

I called Marlin just to make sure it had not been discontinued (tube fed seems like an endangered species) and they assured my it's still in production but they are facing a 400% increase in demand and a 25% reduction in available personnel. It's the classic ("we're filling backorders as fast as we can" but the best selling first) response.

So the Model 60 is still on backorder and may show up some day but in the mean time the little Rossi gets to play.

They hunted till darkness came on, but they found
    Not a button, or feather, or mark,
    By which they could tell that they stood on the ground
    Where the Baker had met with the Snark.​
    DK Firearms

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members