• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamboolman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas - Retired
    I just retired after 43 years in the oilfield on 1-Feb-21. I will admit to many "CLR's" - Career Limiting Remarks.... oh well....

When the boss's would say "we" in a meeting to help justify a ignorant issue - I have been known to tell them - You must have a mouse in your pocket because we did not agree to that shiite.

Was you born stupid - or did you go to college to get a Phd in shiite for brains.

Do you know what a Boss is ? Double SOB spelt backwards

That proposal is beyond stupid

Young project managers would present there projects - and if it was bad - I would tell them that "Your baby is ugly"

Your near to being a ROMF - Run Off Mother Fucker. In truth I did not have to fire very many men over the years.....

In planning meetings for badly planned and budgeted/scheduled Projects - I would tel them - if I truly believed it was bad. I would tell them that there project was Bust before we started.... That always was contentious ... ha

At Kick Off Meetings and Tool Box Talks..... Good morning men - you too (insert name of whoever I was teasing that day)

In AFE Planning meetings - after being subjected too listening to and watching nauseating proposals - If it was bad - I would tell them it works perfect on Power Point but it will not work Offshore.... meeting would degenerate from that point.... ha

Again in AFE Planning and Approval meetings - I had a slide and copy of us Project Construction Guys staring at a complicated board showing plans - with a arrow pointing to the right that said "Then a Miracle Occurs" ha..... then the real meeting would start...

I would argue up to being DFO'd - Direct Fucking Ordered - then we would go and execute the project best we could. Only time I would not follow a DFO was if I was dam sure men would get hurt.... then it got ugly.....

Glad to be retired..... miss the men but do not miss the senior management politickers and outright liars

gamboolman....

Patience0830

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2020
    FreeStateuv IN
    I just retired after 43 years in the oilfield on 1-Feb-21. I will admit to many "CLR's" - Career Limiting Remarks.... oh well....

When the boss's would say "we" in a meeting to help justify a ignorant issue - I have been known to tell them - You must have a mouse in your pocket because we did not agree to that shiite.

Was you born stupid - or did you go to college to get a Phd in shiite for brains.

Do you know what a Boss is ? Double SOB spelt backwards

That proposal is beyond stupid

Young project managers would present there projects - and if it was bad - I would tell them that "Your baby is ugly"

Your near to being a ROMF - Run Off Mother Fucker. In truth I did not have to fire very many men over the years.....

In planning meetings for badly planned and budgeted/scheduled Projects - I would tel them - if I truly believed it was bad. I would tell them that there project was Bust before we started.... That always was contentious ... ha

At Kick Off Meetings and Tool Box Talks..... Good morning men - you too (insert name of whoever I was teasing that day)

In AFE Planning meetings - after being subjected too listening to and watching nauseating proposals - If it was bad - I would tell them it works perfect on Power Point but it will not work Offshore.... meeting would degenerate from that point.... ha

Again in AFE Planning and Approval meetings - I had a slide and copy of us Project Construction Guys staring at a complicated board showing plans - with a arrow pointing to the right that said "Then a Miracle Occurs" ha..... then the real meeting would start...

I would argue up to being DFO'd - Direct Fucking Ordered - then we would go and execute the project best we could. Only time I would not follow a DFO was if I was dam sure men would get hurt.... then it got ugly.....

Glad to be retired..... miss the men but do not miss the senior management politickers and outright liars

gamboolman....
    Lot's of hard won wisdom in this. Thanks for your service to us all.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    2631F725-5A30-4D0B-AB82-A9E3CCBB7E63.jpeg

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    My uncle retired from the Navy after 22 years in service. That man could insult in ways that would make most people embarrassed!
    While living in the Middle East, we learned some subtle but biting insults that take at least half a brain and a few seconds to understand if you haven't heard them before. And they're usually said with a kind tone and smile:

May God take your soul. (as in die soon)

May you lose your luck. (as in you're shi+ out of luck in a pejorative manner)

His fuse went out (or isn't lit). (he's an idiot)

Your most lovely daughter reminds me of my soft, comfortable shoes (someone is either dying or getting their ass hospitalized with this one if they're smart enough to realize you consider all of their daughters uglier and lower than a shoe).

May the fleas of 1000 camels enjoy your daughter on her wedding night.

This is such a wonderful event (not), you're so talented I'll bet you planned it in 5 minutes! (as in you clearly didn't put much effort into a bust of an event)

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill

gamboolman....
    Is "run off" still the used phrase for getting fired or is that one from your early days? "Run off" was in the everyday conversation when I was a worm in 1966. (but I didn't get fired!)

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    I wish I could buy you for what your worth, and sell you for what you THINK you are.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    If yo MOMMA knew what you would grow to be. she would have thrown YOU away and raised the afterbirth!

Top Bottom