The jerks on the coasts want to kill us off

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by M. Sage, Jun 25, 2009.

1. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The Cap and Tax Fiction - WSJ.com
    More at the site.

It's been 100+ here in SA for the past few weeks. It's been so hot and tiring working in that heat (not an air conditioned shop!) that I came home last night and fell asleep by 7 and didn't wake again until it was time to go to work this morning. Without the AC in my home, I'd have a very hard time with this kind of heat. If they go with cap and trade, I'd barely be able to afford to eat if I wanted AC.

2. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    I believe this administration will destroy our economy or what remains of it. Cap & Trade + the rationed health care system total disaster.

3. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    At least cap and trade faces a huge uphill battle in the Senate. The coasts have huge representation in the House, but the Senate levels the playing field on crap like this.

I did see one extreme-left nutjob suggest that we should start apportioning Senate districts (and electoral votes) with the same system we use for Representatives. He really thought that California should be running the country...

4. GM.Chief

GM.Chief Well-Known

Mar 16, 2009

5. Reverendbiker

Reverendbiker Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Central Texas
    ...and we all know what a good job California is doing in running itself ;)

6. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    The media would cover it, but Michael Jackson pedophilia needs to be explained instead.

7. 2Shots1Wound

2Shots1Wound Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Excellent point! What luck the Democraps have!!

8. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
  9. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeah, I saw. This has a better chance of failure in the Senate, IMO. Smaller states that are against this bill get more of a say in the Senate, and the big bullies like CA don't run the whole show.

10. Innocent-Bystander

Innocent-Bystander New Member

Jan 21, 2009
    I say we start cutting back on AC right now. The first building should be the Capital Building, the White House, Blair House, the offices of the Senate and House and the Supreme Court. Flip those circuit breakers right now and don't put them back on until October. As the VP said, we all need to sacrifice.