• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I say its almost not worth it to go downtown because you have to make such an effort to avoid the crazies. Not dodging drive bys.

Ive been to North St Louis, East St Louis and Southside and Westside Chicago. There are some horribly violent areas there. I do have perspective.

Closest call ive had in Austin was while cycling late at night. Kid was looking to jack my bike while i was tending to my bike and another outside a hole in the wall convenient store across from some gov housing. I grab my U lock and held it in a not so friendly manner and the punk took off. (this was before CHL) Old man walked by and warned me about "those damned kids".
    ARJ Defense ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The guy who was getting angry with me, looking for a fight? Bought him a beer and sat down and talked to him for 10 minutes. He had no idea how to handle it, because I didn't play my role.
    I've gotten in good with a variety of folks (including some gangbangers I hung out with for a while in Cincinnati) by playing the "old man caught leering at the young woman" trick. No matter what the difference in our ages or backgrounds, men can bond over their shared appreciation of the female form.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've gotten in good with a variety of folks (including some gangbangers I hung out with for a while in Cincinnati) by playing the "old man caught leering at the young woman" trick. No matter what the difference in our ages or backgrounds, men can bond over their shared appreciation of the female form.

Hahaha! I want to hear that one!

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385742442.764430.jpg

Sent from my Obama phone.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Yes, it does. People need to learn how to keep their eyes open, how to throw a fast and accurate punch with decent power, and where that punch should land for the most effect and what to do after... Sometimes going to gun or even knife (which is usually quicker, especially up close) isn't an option. Learning to read body language and intentions is vital.

A ton of attacks I know of started with a request for the time or a cigarette because those things let an attacker in close, and distract the target.

Well said... It amazes me the lack of attention I see out there.

Last edited:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Kurt Saxon made the interesting observation that criminals typically choose to commit crimes in areas they feel present little chance of them being caught. A person shooting a criminal in self-defense then walking away to never be seen again has about the same chances of getting away with it as the criminal he shot.

Just putting that out there.

bigern

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2014
    Kurt Saxon made the interesting observation that criminals typically choose to commit crimes in areas they feel present little chance of them being caught. A person shooting a criminal in self-defense then walking away to never be seen again has about the same chances of getting away with it as the criminal he shot.

Just putting that out there.

That's pretty interesting, I hadn't thought about it like that before!

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Not quite yet! Even so, all they'll capture is a guy who shot a criminal...

Then flee from the scene of the crime. Obstructed justice, destroyed evidence...

Bad idea to flee the scene of a defensive shooting. Leaving to go to a safer place while calling 911 - good. Bailing and hoping they don't find you is bad strategy.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Then flee from the scene of the crime. Obstructed justice, destroyed evidence...

Bad idea to flee the scene of a defensive shooting. Leaving to go to a safer place while calling 911 - good. Bailing and hoping they don't find you is bad strategy.

I'm not here to argue the merits of either decision. I'm just throwin' that out there.

Top Bottom