Lynx Defense

The last thing you killed, where, and what’d you kill it with?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    But I am curious. What is the secret to tasty pecan fed squirrel? Lard, All Spice, Lemon Pepper, MSG, BBQ sauce, cracker crumbs, beef broth? View attachment 299958
    Salt, pepper, Louisiana fish fry and drop them in the hot grease. I've never heard anyone complain. Use some of the grease to make gravy.
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I went on a survival hike with two friends in the Sierras in winter in the 70's. We were sailors in our mid-twenties so, of course, we were ill-prepared. Bill brought his .270, Rick brought his .444 Marlin, I brought my Ithaca Model 37 12ga and a primus stove. We brought no food except for a small amount of rice. Late on day 1 I bagged a chipmunk with some low base #6 shot at 20 yards. I had chipmunk stew that night. I let Mike and Rick have some of it but I got the lion's share. Rodent stew sucks. Next morning we were half frozen and starving. We hiked back to the vehicle and cut the adventure short. Drove to the nearest mom & pop restaurant and ordered the big Logger's Special Breakfast. Ate it. Re-ordered it a second time.

Reads like a scene from "Naked and Afraid" with guns and w/o the female companionship.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    1bd443cb7d56124bb02a7329898fce7f.jpg

About 45 minutes ago, Jim Wells County near Orange Grove. 28 gauge Ruger Red Label. (Yes, I use that gun a lot)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I think I killed a squirrel. It's been building a nest in my roof. The stupid thing likes to come to the edge of the roof, between the decking and facing, stick its head out, and look out over the front yard. I took a few shots at it with a pellet rifle but that stupid thing can't hit the broad side of a trailer (my yard is too small for a real barn). So I pulled out the lever action Marlin rifle with subsonic 22, no suppressor necessary. I thought I missed it because it ducked in again, but I haven't heard it chewing or rustling around up there since then so maybe I got it. I guess I'll know once it gets hot again.

Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    A rooster, with a machete, in the side yard.

I processed 7 9-month old well-fattened Ameracauna/Brahma roosters two weekends ago.

If the question was about wild animals, it was a field rat, under the brush hog, and the weapon was the good dog.

Top Bottom