• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    I keep hearing mixed results on who started it. Now all I hear is Georgia wants out. So do we support Georgia or what? Sorry, I never paid them much attention.

woulf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bryan, TX
    Condaleeza wants to plan a US envoy to head over there. "shrugs" Russia already wants to enter another cold war with us over the missle shield ordeal. :rolleyes:

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I keep hearing mixed results on who started it. Now all I hear is Georgia wants out. So do we support Georgia or what? Sorry, I never paid them much attention.

We won't take a stance over it. The Cold War is a monster we don't want to reinstate.

Putin and his cronies on the other hand, well ... it's debatable.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    We won't take a stance over it. The Cold War is a monster we don't want to reinstate.

You mean we don't want to go there and "install democracy" with our World Police?

Oh... wait... that was somewhere else.

We get our troops in harms way over the dumbest crap already (that we probably should not be involved in). I would certainly hope that Washington has the sense to stay out of this one.

Slotback

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    The US media sucks. Why are the likes of Paris, Britney, etc. even news? I have to go to international sources to figure out what is really going on in the world.

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    I'm not even going to argue the fact that the US media sux ass but there is a lot of people who felt this was done in a timely fasion with the Oylimpics. I mean trhe media would be to busy covering the Oylmpics than to discuss the conflict in Georgia.

Here is something posted about this subject off TheAK47.com
    http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=65930&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

heres what i think

1. Russia has wanted Georgia back since the fall of USSR
    2. Russia has never given a second thought to any sort of "civilian casualties, any one who saw anything about Chechnya knows that. So the protecting civilians is a load of crap. they gave citizenship to the separatist specifically so they could say "we are protecting Russian citizens"
    3 The US is currently over extended in Iraq and Afghanistan so we cant come to Georgia’s aid ATM
    4 Georgia was to join NATO soon so it was now or never.
    5 Olympics were starting which means the worlds press isn’t paying as much attention (not to mention Putin ows Edwards a BJ at this point)
    6 The Russians "just happened" to have a freaking armored division on the border doing exercises?????? Please, if anything GRU, Spetznas within the separatist groups broke the cease fire knowing Georgia would respond and that conveniently placed division could just come rolling in.

Anyhow, this is a huge mess. It seems Georia is an ally and has some 2000 trops in Iraq making it the third largest supporter in our current war. We also sent over some 1600 US troops to help train troops in Georgia Tuesday...just days before this conflict? This reminds me of all the 9/11 conspiracy theories.

Top Bottom