• TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    My attempt at consolidating was refusing to reload 224 Valkyrie when I bought my upper. Although now I am thinking its maybe one I SHOULD be reloading.

I believe you are correct. Most people that extract all the accuracy out of that round reload it.

But I am definitely NOT buying a 10mm. (I hope those are not famous last words. )

I used to say that. Now it's my favorite pistol round. It's almost like a 357 Magnum but in a semi-auto.

And before anyone gets all pissy, I said ALMOST.

I get nervous when I get down to 600 rounds of 9mm.
    I used to only keep about 500 rounds of 9mm on hand, but since I got the CX4 Carbine, I go through much more 9mm than ever before.
    Capitol Armory ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I believe you are correct. Most people that extract all the accuracy out of that round reload it.

I used to say that. Now it's my favorite pistol round. It's almost like a 357 Magnum but in a semi-auto.

And before anyone gets all pissy, I said ALMOST.

I used to only keep about 500 rounds of 9mm on hand, but since I got the CX4 Carbine, I go through much more 9mm than ever before.

I had the opportunity several months ago to shoot a members SA 10mm pistol and fell in love! I had already sort of wanted one, but shooting his just clinched it for me.

I'm kind of leaning towards a CZ style platform in 10mm though.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Its fart.com. barf.com is ok too but that's not exactly what I meant.

Was talking about the fanboi trolling and comrade crap. As stated, by Ben I think, there are more appropriate places for folks like him and IMHO this ain't it.

Anyways that's what I meant.

AKs are cool. Kinda like ugly fat chicks, just not my thing but will get the job done and can take a pounding due to loose tolerances.
    LMFAO!
    Kind of like “what are the two best rides you don’t want to admit to? A moped and a fat chick!”

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Level of intelligence doesn't necessarily mean that a person isn't a troll or an idiot!

Yeah, but I think he knew exactly what he was doing. There was a right way and a wrong way to have that discussion, and he definitely chose the wrong way. Honestly, I had been thinking about starting a discussion over this topic (well, very similar) for awhile now, though in a completely different way with a completely different goal in mind. I wasn't sure of the best way to do it so that it didn't turn into another caliber war thread, so I never went through with it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Yeah, but I think he knew exactly what he was doing. There was a right way and a wrong way to have that discussion, and he definitely chose the wrong way. Honestly, I had been thinking about starting a discussion over this topic (well, very similar) for awhile now, though in a completely different way with a completely different goal in mind. I wasn't sure of the best way to do it so that it didn't turn into another caliber war thread, so I never went through with it.
    Totally agree with you.

John Galt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2020
    Huntsville
    I guess I missed all the fun while I was away.

Our Banned Troll did bring up a very valid point that I whole-heartedly agree with. Everyone and their brother owns something chambered in 5.56. Some of you have claimed that it is the availability (in normal times) and price of 5.56 ammo that drove you to that decision.

I submit that if you Yahoos had bought AR-10s chambered in .243 instead of AR-15s chambered in .223 then the ammo manufacturers would be churning out .243 ammo by the millions and I could shoot my AR-10 for $.10 a round. But nooo! You had to get .223/5.56 instead thus making my choice of caliber stay expensive!

I have discovered your conspiracy and it cannot stand!

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston

Our Banned Troll did bring up a very valid point that I whole-heartedly agree with. Everyone and their brother owns something chambered in 5.56. Some of you have claimed that it is the availability (in normal times) and price of 5.56 ammo that drove you to that decision.

I submit that if you Yahoos had bought AR-10s chambered in .243 instead of AR-15s chambered in .223 then the ammo manufacturers would be churning out .243 ammo by the millions and I could shoot my AR-10 for $.10 a round. But nooo! You had to get .223/5.56 instead thus making my choice of caliber stay expensive!

The origin of the OPs problem was that HE couldn't find ammo. And some how that was everyone elses problem and fault.
    He also didn't know his audience. Most of the people who post here dont limit themselves to 223, and i havent noticed any undue infatuation toward the round either.

All in all it was quite fun to watch the guy squeal about needing ammo to a bunch of guys sitting on ammo cans.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I’m just glad you and all the other yahoos don’t have AR-10’s in 308 so that my ammo is still readily available.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

I don't own anything in 5.56, .223, or .243. You may have 99 problems, but I ain't one.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

JoeAmerica

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2020
    Texas
    #1. Flat trajectory
    #2. High velocity
    #3 light weight
    #4 low recoil
    #5 two “Calibers” to choose from
    #6 aftermarket customization
    #7 reloadable
    #8 (Was)cheap
    #9 military has (Had) big surplus market.
    #10 battle proven

When the wars end I expect CHEAP surplus again.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    turtle 001.jpeg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics