• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Awesome! I may have to check his museum out. From what I read about his wife, it was an accident not him being reckless, in fact he nearly got hit also.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Somebody say Manwich???

C74K_eTVAAAldhK.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    So dangerous he got his wife killed while making a video!

Foul. He wasn't responsible for his wife's death, and brought a wrongful-death lawsuit against Discovery Communications and Anthropic Productions Corp. for failing to properly plan the event which was to be the opening sequence of a planned reality TV show...

"To produce the smoke for the opening sequence, Discovery and Anthropic utilized two pyrotechnic devices that Discovery and Anthropic knew had not been manufactured by a licensed and experienced manufacturer of pyrotechnic devices.

"Neither Discovery nor Anthropic had sought or obtained any permit from the proper governmental authority authorizing the use of pyrotechnic devices during the production of the 'Brother in Arms' pilot.

"Neither Discovery nor Anthropic had retained the services of a licensed pyrotechnics operator for the production of the 'Brother in Arms' pilot, and no licensed pyrotechnics operator was on-scene for the filming of the opening sequence on June 14, 2012.

"During the filming of the opening sequence on June 14, 2012, the pyrotechnic devices malfunctioned when the on-scene producer ignited them.

Unfortunately, both Melvin Bernstein and his wife Terry Flanell had signed agreements releasing Discovery and Anthropic from liability in the event of property damage, personal injury or wrongful death, so the case was dismissed by a federal court in Denver.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I guess I look at him agreeing to the reality show as being responsible to her death. Of all the gun related reality shows, none look to smart after the fact.

How so? It wasn't his fault. It's no different than if they went for a drive that was his idea, and someone else hit their car and killed her.

Place blame where it belongs...

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I guess I'm the only one that thinks signing up to do a reality show is a bad idea. Using their pyro guys & not checking out their reference seems stupid. I guess the easy money is just to hard for most to turn down.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    T
    I guess I'm the only one that thinks signing up to do a reality show is a bad idea. Using their pyro guys & not checking out their reference seems stupid. I guess the easy money is just to hard for most to turn down.
    The Discovery Channel is hardly Joe Blow wannabe film director from down the street. He has one the most impressive 20th century war collections I have seen, and if I had all that, I would feel it an honor that a well known geography/history channel would like to make a show of it. Accidents happen, doesn't seem to matter where and when that might be, and she was quite aware of what dangers were there.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Can't watch the video right now... This the same Dragon Man in Colorado? I've seen him riding his dragon trike around :laughing:

One of my regrets from living up there was not taking his machine gun mounted station wagon for a ride. It was a considerable cost to me at the time, however...

Top Bottom