• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    Lets have a good time listing these.
    I have been very fortunate to have been exposed to many firearms in my life and fired most of them.

handguns from .22-50a.e. and many rifle calibers i.e. 45-70

rifles from .17 to 460 wby mag.

etc,etc.

when I say the most fun, I mean,what made you laugh and grin.

For me I would have to say an obscure little handgun called the Automag III in .30 carbine. I fired it the first time in an indoor range and all I can say is, THAT WAS AWESOME!!!
    I was the only one on the line, low light and touched it off. The basketball size of flame that rolled out of the muzzle was very impressive and the boom even with muffs was surprising. The best part was coming off the range and the guy at the counter asking what the hell I touched off in there. I showed him and we went back on the line and let him fire it. You counldnt have wipe the smile off his face.

Lets hear em.

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    I am jealous, I have never had the opp to fire a big .50, maybe one of these days.I will say that the .460 Wby and the .416 Rigby impressed the heck out of my shoulder.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Ma Deuce, followed by (in no particular order) Mk 19, Barret .50, AT-4, SMAW, (these two I guess I shouldnt count as they are rocket launchers, but still fun) MP5, M249, M240, M203, Scorpion.... gosh... this could take a while.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I took my brother in-law and nephew to a training course. We all got to shoot HK MP5's in full auto. That was a ton of fun. My nephew got to shoot one with a suppressor on it and his smile was huge. We got that on video camera and sent him home with the dvd.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Hmmm, that's a toughy. Like alot of gun nuts I've had the opportunity to fire tons of stuff since I was about 10 or so.

Revolver - probably the first .44 mag I ever shot, was a 8"something model 29.

Semi-auto pistol - the ole trusty .44 AUtomag, same guy who owned the model 29.

Full-auto pistol, a HK VP70 with the stock on so it would do the 3-shot bursts. That was fun.

Single shot rifle - .600 nitro express. Guy had inherited it from his uncle with 2 boxes of shells while we were in college. Took it out to the range and touched one off. Wasn't sure I wanted to live after it kicked the crap out of my shoulder. Was literally a blast.

Bolt gun - a 375 H&H magnum safari rifle. Had some kick, but was vary satisfying seeing what it did to the targets.

Semi-auto - a PSG1 owned by the Los Alamos NL security forces. I was in HK nerdvana.

FUll-auto - a M14 when I went on a depents cruise with my father back in the day. We got to fire a mag semi off the fantail of the ship at gargabe bags, then a second mag with the fun switch in the go go go position. Was like trying to hold onto a jackhammer to a 10 year old kid.

But the best of all was on the same cruise I got to touch off one from the deck gun. Ship was a subtender built back between WW1 and WW2, but still in service and it had the old open crew served mounted deck gun. I think it was a 3", but it may have been a 5". I got to sit in the traverse seat and pull the firing trigger.

malladus

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    We'll I was a M240 Gunner for 4yrs... so I'm pretty partial to it. After that I would place in order:

Browning M2
    MK19
    M249
    (I love my full auto's)
    81 then 60mm mortars
    M203
    Remington 870 express, and other pump action shotty's

Well basically anything that packs a bang and causes mass damage makes me happy

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I've shot lots of guns of various calibers & design. The best had to be my 10/22 as a kid. Blasting away @ turtles & other targets of oppertunity.

For the wife it has to be the H&K 51 with the .22 conversion kit on full auto.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Mine had to be the side by side 10ga shotgun with double triggers. I fired off both barrels once to shoot through a mesquite tree to break a clay target that was out of sight to win a money game when I was 13! That shot won me enough to buy a Browning Citori 12ga O/U with a full compliment of Briley chokes! The adults hated me for that one.

Owens

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Levelland
    I was going to mention the .30-378 Wby, but after reading the thread, I think I'll just say my slingshot and call it a day.

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    My late grandfather once said that this was his favorite gun to shoot. I'm not sure what it is though. He used it when he was in the Army chasing Pancho Villa back around 1911. He was actually a "mule skinner" for the Army, but got to shoot this machine gun.
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/Chaos_l2eaper/PicsforBF200009.jpg

A pic of my granddad and his brother-granddad is on the right.
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/Chaos_l2eaper/PicsforBF200005.jpg

I asked my dad this question and he said he enjoyed shooting his Gatling gun on his F4 Phantom. The F4 model in this particular picture, I believe, doesn't have a gun on it, but he did fly one that did. A picture of my dad in his plane.
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/Chaos_l2eaper/2-10-2008_015.jpg
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/Chaos_l2eaper/2-10-2008_020.jpg

I, unfortunately, have not had the opportunity to shoot any "big" guns. The guns that make me grin the most when shooting are my dad's Taurus Raging Bull .454 and my .44 Walker Colt black powder revolver.
    I also love to shoot my competition tricked out Browning A-Bolt in .223. It is the most accurate and smoothest shooting rifle I have ever had. Here is a pic of my son shooting it (and a short movie- sorry for the poor camera work)
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/Chaos_l2eaper/Picture009.jpg
    Video of sniper practice - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    As for the most fun weapon system for me would be the M120 (120mm) mortar system. I was a squad leader and then a Platoon Sergeant, so I did not get much gun time, but when i did.......well.......it is awesome.

As for actual "guns" the M2 50cal would top my list with the following in close behind:

M60
    M82A1 (barret)
    M240B
    MK19
    SAW

One that made me smile also was the first time to fire an M16 on burst. it was just plain fun.

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    Owens, I have fired the 30-378 wby and it is a handful. I completely forgot about my sling shot. Had more fun than anything with it. A couple of years ago someone gave me one with a laser, I havent had the guts to take it out in public. HAHA!

Owens

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Levelland
    Cowboy45,
    Course, when I was growing up, it was made of a cedar limb fork and used strips of old inner tube with a patch of leather and we didn't call them sling shots. Lots of fun.

Top Bottom