• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    I have not had the oppertunity to fire the cool stuff ya'll have. But I have several that make me smile and a couple that have made me laugh out loud.

My CZ 75 SP-01 Angus Hobell Custom. It's just... awesome. And I smile all the time with it. It's so easy to shoot well. The first ever shot I made with it was at 15 yards, it hit DEAD center. I turned and looked my BIL and we both broke out laughing. It was luck of course but we laughed all the same. It's still the most accurate handgun I own.

My next would be my SIG P226 Equinox. I've shot a used target off the chicken wire by shooting the four paper clips holding it up there. It took me 10 shots to do it because I'm really not that great of a shot, but it made me laugh.

In rifles, I have to say my M1 Carbine. It's a hoot! Everyone should have one... or two.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Cowboy45,
    Course, when I was growing up, it was made of a cedar limb fork and used strips of old inner tube with a patch of leather and we didn't call them sling shots. Lots of fun.

Haha! My dad taught me how to make one like that with a mesquite limb. I think I still have it!

oldnbald

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Abilene, Texas
    1918 Thompson .45 cal. Really a blast. I had wanted to fire a Thompson for many years, but never had the opportunity. About 4 years ago I was in Las Vegas and found a gun store/firing range that rented them. Spent the money and fired two mags through the sub gun and grinned the whole time. As far a regular guns, I love to shoot my M1 Carbine and my WASR.

Red_Six

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Lubbock
    Reenacting I fired only blanks through the weapons, but it was still laugh/grin FUN!

MG42
    Ma Duece
    M1919A4
    MP-40
    StG-44
    PPSH-41

If I only had the money to get one of each. My fav was the MG42....

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    My HK51 at full auto at night:
    my.php

(It's an HK91 7.62x51 converted to select fire--legally--and shortened to 8.9" barrel.)

flashguy

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    You have all had some pretty intersting guns you've shot. I've really not shot anything exotic, but the one that was the most "fun" for me was my first .22 rim fire at age 12 or 13. Single shot bolt action with iron sights. I'll bet I put 10,000 rounds through that rifle.

Nodena Ranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Downtown Nodena-NE Texas
    This is a hard one.......I suppose narrowing it down to one it would be the M-14. Didn't like to do rifle PT with that heavy s.o.b. but shooting it was a kick in the booty. I read somewhere, someone compared it to holding on to a jack hammer to a ten year old. It was about the same to a big stout twenty year old as well. When we were issued the 16's they were like firing FA 10-22's in comparison. I've been fortunate to have shot a wide variety of good weapons including the M-60 and Browning 50 cal. but a Ruger MK III is also a kick. If you enjoy firearms... the one your shooting at the time is your favorite.

cpf3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    << I suppose narrowing it down to one it would be the M-14. >>

+1

When I took command of my first unit (Honest John battery in South Korea), I discovered ~ 30,000 rounds of 7.62 that were 'off the books' ... and the I.G. was stopping by the next week!

So, I scheduled a range and took a dozen troops out to "familiarize" them (and myself) with the 'full' capabilities of their M-14-A2's (full auto).

The I.G. found no discrepancies. ;)

Nodena Ranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Downtown Nodena-NE Texas
    Yall should have 'purdy' well known how those 14's worked after 2000+ rounds.....Man...I'd hate shoot 2000+ rounds of 7.62 now(in one sitting). The fun would probably start leaving after loading and shooting about 500 or so. That a lot of mags and they don't last very long when you've got the weapon in WFO. Oh by the way TXSUT, your're most welcome. I'm proud to be a veteran of the Army. I really had a storybook experience in the service, no hero stuff or anything like that but had an important job(91T20). Shoot...every job in the military is important. I do the same thing. Thanks to all the Veterans and active Military for their service to preserve the way we live. We are all so fortunate to be United States citizens. Even better to be Texan (my family got here in 1836). Better go to work...I'm gonna' lose a crop..Ha

Top Bottom