• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tx_headcase

Jan 17, 2009
    league city
    i just ordered the new blackhawk 357/9mm revolver, has any one shot or have one let me no what you thank of it
    DisplayPic.aspx
    Hurley's Gold

cpf3

Sep 14, 2008
    Blackhawks

I think you're going to really like it. I bought on in .45ACL/.45LC in 1972. It's still one of my favorite pistols and one I'll never sell or trade.

cpf3

Sep 14, 2008
    << ...9mm is not a common cartridge for a revolver. >>

True, but Ruger managed to produce a couple winners. The OP's Blackhawk (with 2 cylinders) and my wife's SP-101 (using 'full-moon' clips). Both great shooters in a common cartridge...well, three in the case of the Blackhawk(.38 Spl, .357 Mag & 9mm).

Chuck

seattleducati

Sep 24, 2008
    Austin
    I bought the 357 only version last month. I like it and it's fun. Ammo for 357 has gone crazy retarded (as high as $50 a box) around here, so I have shot mostly 38 spl thru it.

I did, however, pick up a spring kit from Midway for around $20, which included a 19 pound hammer spring and 40 ounce trigger spring, to lighten the trigger pull up some. I haven't shot it with the new springs in it yet, but test firing it seems to be a lot better than stock.

Darkwind

Mar 18, 2009
    Houston
    if there is ever a bad SHTF situation, having a single weapon firing 3 different calibers could be quite a boon if ammo becomes really scarce

Top Bottom