• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Well Academy had a Taurus 40 cal pistol with 2 16 mags, for $299!!!!!!!
    Ive been wanting a 9mm for just a good everyday shooter. But, to me the 9mm round was just too small. So I got the 40 cal. Now my 45 auto is my home defense gun and the 40 will go with me 80% of the time to the farm.

Here she is!!!!
    Military Camp

Attachments

• Photo0107.jpg
      Photo0107.jpg
      53.1 KB · Views: 164
    • Photo0108.jpg
      Photo0108.jpg
      60.8 KB · Views: 173

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Thats the next time im going to the farm. I havent been to a range in.... 4 years? I think. I cant see myself paying to shoot when I have a place to shoot at.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I was just in Austin today. I could have swung by and borrowed it. You know, just to make sure it works properly for you and all.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Academy is a great place to shop, but it will probably never replace Sportsmans Warehouse. I actually told that to my wife today while we were at Academy.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Well what bugs me is if the guy selling the same gun at the gun show would go down in price. I'd bought it locally. I asked and he said that's the lowest he could go. I understand since hes an individual seller. But, everything seemed high at the show.

TXCleaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Austin
    That Taurus is now occupying the SW Sigma price range...anybody know how they compare?

Recalling a thread that went south about guns in vehicles (and thus skittish about getting flamed), I'm sorta in the market for a different/economical truck gun.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    That Taurus is now occupying the SW Sigma price range...anybody know how they compare?

Hmm... Good call.

Im a fan of the Sigma's and have a few. between the 4 owned, an 3 currently own I have approx 11-12,000 rds through them in both 9mm and .40. They have been GREAT and although they have a heavy trigger, i find them to be a nice gun especially once you do some trigger work.

Now i only have 2 trips and 600rds through my PT101 that i just got last week and id have to say for a a target gun and home defense, i think i would rather have the Taurus.

The Taurus is smooth operating has a good trigger right off the bat. You can shoot it in both DA/SA and has External safety. IMO the downside is that its a BIG gun. I couldn't imagine carrying something this big daily (if we had Open carry laws then maybe)... The Sigma is just so slim and compact with a similar capacity it makes it a tough call.

I guess it depends on what you plan on doing with it. if CCW is at all a factor i would probably go with the Sigma to be honest. Any other scenerio id have to pick the pt101 ... it actually reminds me a lot of my Ruger P95

The Taurus shoots damn well too.. putting groups today as tight as I do with my M&P and XD's but not as tight as my 1911's.

Overall im very very happy with it and ESPECIALLY for the price... Would love to own this in 9mm but the price difference doesn't seem worth it

Top Bottom