• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Ok, wish I had brought this up when we were going over RCA adapters in the other thread.

Magnificent new 70 class TV sittin in the living room. Playin with the internal speakers, not great but not bad at all. Have the good ole AIWA surround stereo that has served me well for 30 years (cant hook up yet). Also have the new ARC-RCA adapter coming from Amazon for it that we discussed in the other thread.

So...family trip to Wally yesterday, Christmasy and lots of fun and sitting there are black friday leftover sound bars. RCA w/ subwoofer 60w for 79 bucks. Picked one up, connected with 3.5 cable and its not even HALF what the internal speakers are. Really sucks, even with soundbar controls turned all the way up.

Now I admit I know nothing about the soundbar game, havent shopped it and havent studied it out. Seemed like 60w would have been PLENTY for me and mamma but this thing is pathetic.

If I did something wrong...lemme know.

If you know whats better....for SURE lemme know (and shorten my learning curve pls)

If I just gotta go with the 150-200-300 watt units....lemme know.

What we want..... Decent sound. A bit better than internal speakers. NOT theater quality or anything like that. I already have that in place. Not looking for massive wattage unless its just a necessity to achieve decent sound output. Just something that comes on with the TV and projects good sound in the 12-15 foot range or fills a 15x20 room (so 300sqft)
    TIA

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I'm confused, you say that you already have theater quality in place, why not just use that?

I've got mine running through my Denon receiver and SVS speakers/sub.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Thats a fair question. Most the time I dont even care to have theater quality if Im just hittin the morning weather or evening news. Only turn it on when we watch something epic or just want the experience.

Looking for a little better sound from the tv itself on a day-to-day minute-to-minute basis.

Another thing. Ive suddenly gone from a single DTV remote to 3 remotes. DTV, Smart TV, Soundbar. Seems like too much to me. I want a simple, plug and play soundbar that UPGRADES (instead of downgrades) my TV audio.

Am I crazy? (rhetorical...dont answer that...:green: )

Maybe I put too much info (wifey says) <rolleyes>

I need input on a soundbar thats better than my TV speakers.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    <snip>

I need input on a soundbar thats better than my TV speakers.

Former recording engineer, studio owner/operator and musician ... but never been an audiophile nazi. ;)

I chose this as a simple, inexpensive upgrade to my smart TV.

FWIW, the mixes of many of the albums I've both recorded and played on sound very passable when played back from the TV over these, and if anything, the bass (which I play and like to hear) has a tendency to be too much, so I generally have to EQ it out a bit.

Just a thought, might be worth checking out.

ETA: bought the above after giving this same brand, lower priced unit to a family member. I would be tickled with either.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My Universal MX-880 turns on everything at once and controls everything.
    When the TV is on, it's playing through the surround sound.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Ok, wish I had brought this up when we were going over RCA adapters in the other thread.

Magnificent new 70 class TV sittin in the living room. Playin with the internal speakers, not great but not bad at all. Have the good ole AIWA surround stereo that has served me well for 30 years (cant hook up yet). Also have the new ARC-RCA adapter coming from Amazon for it that we discussed in the other thread.

So...family trip to Wally yesterday, Christmasy and lots of fun and sitting there are black friday leftover sound bars. RCA w/ subwoofer 60w for 79 bucks. Picked one up, connected with 3.5 cable and its not even HALF what the internal speakers are. Really sucks, even with soundbar controls turned all the way up.

Now I admit I know nothing about the soundbar game, havent shopped it and havent studied it out. Seemed like 60w would have been PLENTY for me and mamma but this thing is pathetic.

If I did something wrong...lemme know.

If you know whats better....for SURE lemme know (and shorten my learning curve pls)

If I just gotta go with the 150-200-300 watt units....lemme know.

What we want..... Decent sound. A bit better than internal speakers. NOT theater quality or anything like that. I already have that in place. Not looking for massive wattage unless its just a necessity to achieve decent sound output. Just something that comes on with the TV and projects good sound in the 12-15 foot range or fills a 15x20 room (so 300sqft)
    TIA

I have a Sony that rocks the house. And it's Bluetooth that can play music from my phone, and has its own remote. $130ish.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom