Target Sports

The New Prius... and the Owners of Them.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    As much as I would like to, I can't really convince myself that the Prius was the cause of this.

More likely someone tried to drive their sports car beyond their skill level to show that Prius driver who has the biggest dick.
    Wiser word's were never said. You wouldn't believe the number of yay-hoos who feel the need to show my wife two things: how fast they can pass a car that's already doing 10 mph over the speed limit and how close they can come to the driver's side front quarter panel when cutting back in. I just have to laugh at their need to "not be behind" her Prius...even if it kills them.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Wiser word's were never said. You wouldn't believe the number of yay-hoos who feel the need to show my wife two things: how fast they can pass a car that's already doing 10 mph over the speed limit and how close they can come to the driver's side front quarter panel when cutting back in. I just have to laugh at their need to "not be behind" her Prius...even if it kills them.

Sounds like the mere presence of her Prius creates a dangerous situation. No way I'd put my wife in something like that.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Word of warning: if you see a silver Prius with a TEA Party sticker on it in North Texas, don't **** with it, my wife can shoot better than most men I've seen.

Something tells me she's not a member of any local Prius car club with those kind of skills and that kind of sticker. :)

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Even the lib creators of Family Guy got tired of their douchy Prius driving character Brian and had to off him.

unequhym.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2013/11/25/family-guy-kills-off-major-character/3695681/

Of course the fantards are so pissed they're foaming up the water in their bongs.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/26/showbiz/tv/family-guy-brian-petition/

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis

A lot of folks regardless of vehicle are out to prove some point on the roadways and right the ills of society as they see them.

We should all just drive tan Camrys and be boring and get along.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Sounds like the mere presence of her Prius creates a dangerous situation. No way I'd put my wife in something like that.
    What I put her in? My wife is a Texas gal born and bred and whether it's her carry pistol, accessories on her AR, or her vehicle she makes her own decisions.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Wind is apparently not "green." Wind kills birds. Enviros have sued to shut down wind farms before, expect it again. Even solar has been blocked on enviro grounds.

Electricity in general is "not green," and humanity should just die already, apparently.

At the end of the day they're going to figure out that coal is a hell of a lot better than the bird killing wind turbines that they put in migratory bird routes or giant solar panel fields that electrocute em.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    You guys know what is next for the battery powered cars right? Peugeot is already doing it. You don't own the battery pack, you lease it. They can switch off your ability to re-charge it at anytime they want to. Would that not piss you off :P

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    You guys know what is next for the battery powered cars right? Peugeot is already doing it. You don't own the battery pack, you lease it. They can switch off your ability to re-charge it at anytime they want to. Would that not piss you off :P

That would completely kill the E-car market in the U. S.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

That will be the way the government gets to tax the vehicle is through the leasing company.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I take back what I said about it killing the market for the e car here in the US.

Obama and his ilk would absolutely love to have control over our movement. They could "tax" those who drive more miles and "credit" those who don't. Another great equalizer.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Most new cars with on star or variant can already be switched off with the stroke of a keyboard.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    And how would the gov justify all of this extra control? Its their roads their rules? I hate calling the gov they when its we.

Why would they need to justify anything? So many people don't vote. So many people are on the government teat. So many people think they're entitled to what they have not earned ... and the gov is what provides it to them. Why would they do anything to lose that? Too many sheep in this country today and they all look to the wolf to take care of them.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I take back what I said about it killing the market for the e car here in the US.

Obama and his ilk would absolutely love to have control over our movement. They could "tax" those who drive more miles and "credit" those who don't. Another great equalizer.

19% of every dollar in fuel goes to taxes/government AND stick in the corn and at minimum you're doomed to blow through 10% more fuel to get to the same place. I'd say they already have gotten to us.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    That would completely kill the E-car market in the U. S.
    ...or people will just hack it. Buy the hardware, use your own software.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom